Emulating MsgBox() using custom GUI - how to get pretty icons?!

I am writing a custom, non-blocking/event-driven MsgBox function that will emulate the functionality of the builtin MsgBox() function...

Anyway the problem I am having is finding those nice graphics/icons the standard MsgBox() function has... Any ideas guys??

I have been trying:

GUICtrlCreateIcon (@SystemDir & "\SHELL32.dll",Number($icon_no), $border_size, $border_size, $icon_size, $icon_size)

within my GUI but I can't find the icons I am looking for (you know X,?,!.i symbols in the standard MsgBox function)...

Are these icons available in a DLL file somewhere?? I can work out the numbers if someone can give me the name of the file...

A bit of silly project I know... but humour me please!!

Thanks

Bob Wya

right from the help file

check this example how to find the icon index No

$sFileName  = @SystemDir & '\shell32.dll'

; Create a strcuture to store the icon index
$stIcon     =  DllStructCreate("int")

If @OSType = "WIN32_NT" Then
    ; Convert and store the filename as a wide char string
    $nBuffersize    = DllCall("kernel32.dll", "int", "MultiByteToWideChar", "int", 0, "int", 0x00000001, "str", $sFileName, "int", -1, "ptr", 0, "int", 0)
    $stString       = DLLStructCreate("byte[" & 2 * $nBuffersize[0] & "]")
    DllCall("kernel32.dll", "int", "MultiByteToWideChar", "int", 0, "int", 0x00000001, "str", $sFileName, "int", -1, "ptr", DllStructGetPtr($stString), "int", $nBuffersize[0])
Else
    ; Win'9x
    $stString       = DLLStructCreate("char[260]")
    DllStructSetData($stString, 1, $sFileName)
EndIf

; Run the PickIconDlg - '62' is the ordinal value for this function
DllCall("shell32.dll", "none", 62, "hwnd", 0, "ptr", DllStructGetPtr($stString), "int", DllStructGetSize($stString), "ptr", DllStructGetPtr($stIcon))

If @OSType = "WIN32_NT" Then
    ; Convert the new selected filename back from a wide char string
    $nBuffersize    = DllCall("kernel32.dll", "int", "WideCharToMultiByte", "int", 0, "int", 0x00000200, "ptr", DllStructGetPtr($stString), "int", -1, "ptr", 0, "int", 0, "ptr", 0, "ptr", 0)
    $stFile         = DLLStructCreate("char[" & $nBuffersize[0] & "]")
    DllCall("kernel32.dll", "int", "WideCharToMultiByte", "int", 0, "int", 0x00000200, "ptr", DllStructGetPtr($stString), "int", -1, "ptr", DllStructGetPtr($stFile), "int", $nBuffersize[0], "ptr", 0, "ptr", 0)
    $sFileName      = DllStructGetData($stFile, 1)
Else
    $sFileName      = DllStructGetData($stString, 1)
EndIf

$nIconIndex         = DllStructGetData($stIcon, 1)

; Show the new filename and icon index
Msgbox(0, "Info", "Last selected file: " & $sFileName & @LF & "Icon-Index: " & $nIconIndex)

$stBuffer   = 0
$stFile     = 0
$stIcon     = 0

[quote]Baby you're all that I want, When you're lyin' here in my armsI'm findin' it hard to believe, We're in heavenAnd love is all that I need , And I found it there in your heartIt isn't too hard to see, We're in heaven .Bryan Adams[/quote].............................................................................[u]AUTOIT[/u]

• 1 month later...