Is anyone here a VB & AutoIt3/X guru?

bigred

I am working on program that will manage another piece of software. I've tried posting on VB forums, but most people there just shrug and offer advice that isn't suitable. I think the problem is that I need to rely on AutoIt so much, that any knowledge they do have for VB isn't usable since they don't know how to apply it with AutoIt.

Is there anyone here that would like to take on a protege? :ph34r:

Mainly I just need some guidece for program layout/design, and a few pointers here and there for actual code.

I don't suggest anyone taking you under their wing as it is better for you to learn on your own. This forum is here to help so if you post what the problem is we may be able to help. I do suggest however posting in the AutoItX forum though... it is for help with AutoItX.

*** Matt @ MPCS

I don't suggest anyone taking you under their wing as it is better for you to learn on your own. This forum is here to help so if you post what the problem is we may be able to help. I do suggest however posting in the AutoItX forum though... it is for help with AutoItX.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Well I am certainly not looking to have someone do the work for me, or tell me what to do, but since I'm new to programming I'm finding it hard to figure out how to do things from time to time. All I was thinking was someone that I could fire off a quick email or instant message to now and then to get answers to quick questions and discuss methods for tackling problems.

The problem I find with forums is that they are slow at times and more importantly can have lots of people replying to the same thread with different idea's. Now that can be a very good thing at times, but I find that when you can work with one person that gets to know the project well, the whole process ends up going smoother.

I am also a bit apprehensive about posting some questions here. Some have very little to do with AIX, but the people at other forums just freeze up and say "well I don't know anything about AIX/3 so I can't help you.."

So I guess I'll go ahead and try out just posting. Hopefully that works out.

Thanks, actually I already checked that out. I've got the basics down, and its more a problem of design and implementation.

Just the other day I was laying out a very complex method of tracking and scanning new lines of text in a textbox. Then my friend came over and suggested a method that was very simple and because of that worked much better.

I don't really find that I need help "using" AutoItX since its basically like AutoIt3 (except when some commands work for AI3 but mysterious not in AIX). What I need more help with is design, and concept suggestions like "Use VB for this part, and then AIX to handle that part in this way."