Unloadable EXE

Hello, originaly I wanted to create a exe that was hidden in task manager, but it looks like this information will not be avalible. The next best thing for me is to create an exe that cannot be unloaded once run. I am trying to create a count down timer for some lab pc's that will reboot when their time is up. The only thing I have left is to figure out how to make the exe unloadable once loaded. Since the pc's will reboot at the end of their script, stopping the exe is not an issue. If anyone knows how to create a dummy hook to the kernel (just guessing), please let me know. Thanks

• Developers

Hello, originaly I wanted to create a exe that was hidden in task manager, but it looks like this information will not be avalible. The next best thing for me is to create an exe that cannot be unloaded once run. I am trying to create a count down timer for some lab pc's that will reboot when their time is up. The only thing I have left is to figure out how to make the exe unloadable once loaded. Since the pc's will reboot at the end of their script, stopping the exe is not an issue. If anyone knows how to create a dummy hook to the kernel (just guessing), please let me know. Thanks

This is easy to do if you know enough about the PC.

Just shell the script with Admin credentials, when the original account has (super)user credentials, they won't be able to remove the process.

SciTE4AutoIt3 Full installer Download page   - Beta files       Read before posting     How to post scriptsource   Forum etiquette  Forum Rules 

Live for the present,
Dream of the future,
Learn from the past.
  :)

Thanks for the replies, using the admin credentials makes sense but the secondary login has been disabled on all the pc's. I am not a programmer so I don't get the idea of using system process name without seeing an example. Looking back I should have posted this in the "Example Scripts" section. Thanks

• Moderators

Thanks for the replies, using the admin credentials makes sense but the secondary login has been disabled on all the pc's. I am not a programmer so I don't get the idea of using system process name without seeing an example. Looking back I should have posted this in the "Example Scripts" section. Thanks

You had a working solution? That's the only reason I can see you posting in the "Example Script" Section of the forum (As that's exactly what it is, other users posting some scripts they had made, not a request for help forum :rambo: )... so you posted in the right section after all ... :rolleyes:

Unfortunately, if you don't have admin rights as Jdeb is suggesting, you probably shouldn't be messing with the labs pc's anyway.

Common sense plays a role in the basics of understanding AutoIt... If you're lacking in that, do us all a favor, and step away from the computer.

Hello, the secondary login has been disabled on all of our lab pc's for security so the runas Administrator will not work. My main objective is to add a simple exe into guest user login scripts (we have an open lab policy where people from the community can walk in, use generic accounts without being a student, this of course takes away from the students that are paying their tuition). I will probably end up adding (I just have to find it again somewhere on these posts) another script that checks to see if the first exe is running if not reboot the pc, also add that script to the timer script to check if the dummy script is running, again reboot if not running. My original question was genuine and after a few weeks of scouring these forums for answers, realise my question would come under scrutiny. Thanks

• Moderators

Hello, the secondary login has been disabled on all of our lab pc's for security so the runas Administrator will not work. My main objective is to add a simple exe into guest user login scripts (we have an open lab policy where people from the community can walk in, use generic accounts without being a student, this of course takes away from the students that are paying their tuition). I will probably end up adding (I just have to find it again somewhere on these posts) another script that checks to see if the first exe is running if not reboot the pc, also add that script to the timer script to check if the dummy script is running, again reboot if not running. My original question was genuine and after a few weeks of scouring these forums for answers, realise my question would come under scrutiny. Thanks

Well you obviously have an idea on how to do it without following protocol. I do understand what you are saying about secondary login, but you missed the point, or avoided it entirely.

Common sense plays a role in the basics of understanding AutoIt... If you're lacking in that, do us all a favor, and step away from the computer.

• Moderators

Hello, I missed it, seriously, please, don't reply just to show what I don't know. I really came here for help. In the future I probably won't ask, anyways this post did no go were I wanted it to go. Thanks

Where did I say something you didn't know. I said you thought of a solution for your issue... I said you missed my point is all.

I personally could care less if you ever posted again to be honest... but I wasn't bashing you down nor was I flaming you... trust me you'll know when this forum starts that.