Treeviews

URGENT!! is there any way i can create a simple gui that will have a treeview of the c drive and other drives in "my computer". also is there any way that i can make it so that it only displays .txt and .doc files. i am trying to make a notepad like gui. i would like the treeview gui to come up when i click open as a replacement of the annoying inputbox that comes up where u have to type in the location (see the file attatched). Thanks

-Isaac

when i open a file with multiple lines, it double spaces it anyway to fix that? (NOT SO URGENT)

Notepad.au3

Edited by 2o2

Rick rack ree, kick 'em in the knee.Rick rack rass, kick 'em in the other knee!

URGENT!! is there any way i can create a simple gui that will have a treeview of the c drive and other drives in "my computer". also is there any way that i can make it so that it only displays .txt and .doc files. i am trying to make a notepad like gui. i would like the treeview gui to come up when i click open as a replacement of the annoying inputbox that comes up where u have to type in the location (see the file attatched). Thanks

-Isaac

when i open a file with multiple lines, it double spaces it anyway to fix that? (NOT SO URGENT)

Perhaps you should use FileOpenDialog(). It allows specification of filters. In my GUIs there is typically an input box for the file path and a small button with an elipsis (...) that opens a FileOpenDialog() and the result is saved to the input box.

:rolleyes:

Valuater's AutoIt 1-2-3, Class... Is now in Session!For those who want somebody to write the script for them: RentACoder"Any technology distinguishable from magic is insufficiently advanced." -- Geek's corollary to Clarke's law

Perhaps you should use FileOpenDialog(). It allows specification of filters. In my GUIs there is typically an input box for the file path and a small button with an elipsis (...) that opens a FileOpenDialog() and the result is saved to the input box.

:rolleyes:

I am not a really good scripter so could you either give me the script with the elipsis or give me the code to do it. im only 14 sry. thanks

I am not a really good scripter so could you either give me the script with the elipsis or give me the code to do it. im only 14 sry. thanks

it says invalid filter given

it says invalid filter given

try this:

$progopen = FileOpenDialog("Open",@desktopcommondir, "text files(*.txt;*.doc)", 1)
If @error Then 
Sleep(10)
else
GUICtrlSetData($write, FileRead($progopen))
endifoÝ÷ Ù©l¢ë¶¬±«ÞjÆ®¶­sbb33c·&öw6fV2ÒfÆU6fTFÆörgV÷Cµ6fRgV÷C²ÂFW6·F÷6öÖÖöæF"ÂgV÷C·GBfÆW2¢çGC²¢æFö2gV÷C²¤fÆTFVÆWFRb33c·&öw6fV2¤fÆUw&FRb33c·&öw6fV2ÂuT7G&Å&VBb33c·w&FRoÝ÷ ÚƯy«­¢+Ù¥ÉɽÈôÀÑ¡¸)¥±±Ñ ÀÌØíÁɽÍṲ̀)¥±]É¥Ñ ÀÌØíÁɽÍÙÌ°U%
ÑɱI ÀÌØíÝɥѤ¤)±Í)ͱÀ ÄÀ¤)¹%
Edited by c4nm7

try this:

$progopen = FileOpenDialog("Open",@desktopcommondir, "text files(*.txt;*.doc)", 1)
If @error Then 
Sleep(10)
else
GUICtrlSetData($write, FileRead($progopen))
endifoÝ÷ Ù©l¢ë¶¬±«ÞjÆ®¶­sbb33c·&öw6fV2ÒfÆU6fTFÆörgV÷Cµ6fRgV÷C²ÂFW6·F÷6öÖÖöæF"ÂgV÷C·GBfÆW2¢çGC²¢æFö2gV÷C²¤fÆTFVÆWFRb33c·&öw6fV2¤fÆUw&FRb33c·&öw6fV2ÂuT7G&Å&VBb33c·w&FRoÝ÷ ÚƯy«­¢+Ù¥ÉɽÈôÀÑ¡¸)¥±±Ñ ÀÌØíÁɽÍṲ̀)¥±]É¥Ñ ÀÌØíÁɽÍÙÌ°U%
ÑɱI ÀÌØíÝɥѤ¤)±Í)ͱÀ ÄÀ¤)¹%
thanks soooo much!!