Responding to key presses?

Hi,

I have a script that I would like to be able to be able to control with key presses, eg. so if the key "a" is pressed while my script is running then the script would do something. How do I do this?

And also one other quick question, is it possible to start a gui with one of the buttons already selected (highlighted, or in focus, not sure what the proper term is)?

Thanks.

I have another related question I thought would be ok to ask here as well; I am using labels with background colours as buttons (eg label with blue background with while text as my button), they work well but it is not possible to tell when one of them is in focus.

Is there a way for the label to respond to being infoucs? Could I make it change text or background colour? (possible using a udf if functionality not built in?)

A mouse is not used with my UI, so I'm not meaning on mouseover events, just when the button is tabbed to etc it could do something...

I have another related question I thought would be ok to ask here as well; I am using labels with background colours as buttons (eg label with blue background with while text as my button), they work well but it is not possible to tell when one of them is in focus.

Is there a way for the label to respond to being infoucs? Could I make it change text or background colour? (possible using a udf if functionality not built in?)

A mouse is not used with my UI, so I'm not meaning on mouseover events, just when the button is tabbed to etc it could do something...

Why not use button? Any adventage of using a label button?

Why not use button? Any adventage of using a label button?

The UI I have made is for my HTPC, it's just runs on startup and lets my launch applications, standard windows buttons don't look as good as the labels and not as clear to see on the TV. Only problem I have is I don't know which label (button) is currently selected at the moment.

The UI I have made is for my HTPC, it's just runs on startup and lets my launch applications, standard windows buttons don't look as good as the labels and not as clear to see on the TV. Only problem I have is I don't know which label (button) is currently selected at the moment.

I remember there is an option that you can set the label/button have a boarder(thin or thick your choice).

Just look through help file.