Remove gay files...

I got spoofed at school.. and i now have a VERY large number of 2kb files in my documents (100,000+)

They all have "gay" at the end of their filename.. they are all .txt files, and the first part of the filename is just a random series of numbers

Would anyone be able to make a program that deletes all files that have "gay" in their filename?

edit: they are all in the same folder

Edited by EvAsion

I have deleted over 40,000 of them but this takes a lot of time and im hoping for something that just runs in the background and doesn't take much cpu (sleeps between every deletion).

are they all located in the same directory?

That's actually pretty fast. It won't really take long. Unless they regenerate again. :rolleyes:

actually it takes about 4 minutes to delete 1000.. we have very slow computers.. and in a class lesson we only get about 40 minutes.. during this time while i'm deleting the computer lags hard and i'm unable to do work.

(p.s) sometimes they mysteriously come back but random

drop to command prompt in that directory and paste this "del /s *gay.txt" then hit enter.

our school blocks cmd but autoit saves me from that.. k thanks i'll try.

also.. the number at the start is varying in length.. sometimes 5 sometimes 10292489184.142857872 could that have any effect on the use of one * symbol?

Edited by EvAsion

I have deleted over 40,000 of them but this takes a lot of time and im hoping for something that just runs in the background and doesn't take much cpu (sleeps between every deletion).

My suggestion is very easy .... if they keep coming back then you need to find the source of the problem. 1 search - all gone.

Agreement is not necessary - thinking for one's self is!

My-Colors.jpg

cuniform2.gif

My suggestion is very easy .... if they keep coming back then you need to find the source of the problem. 1 search - all gone.

suprisingly some of them have come back.. but i think its just some server error.. i'll try tomorrow.. if i can't delete them all i'll contact system administrator.

open command prompt, cd to your my documents folder

type

del *gay.txt

hit enter

That will only work in the current directory .... something like that will require command line switches to that wil search all directories .... my way is easier ...

My-Colors.jpg

cuniform2.gif

Why not use Windows explorer > Search the hard drive *gay.txt > select all > delete all

and be done with it

8)

as i said there is a HUGE number of files.. i know where they all are.. its just the process of deletion is very slow, and i'm hoping for an autoit script that has a sleep between every file deletion to reduce cpu load.

THEY ARE ALL IN THE SAME DIRECTORY AS I EDITED ABOVE SEVERAL POSTS AGO.. SORRY.

Edited by EvAsion

as i said there is a HUGE number of files.. i know where they all are.. its just the process of deletion is very slow, and i'm hoping for an autoit script that has a sleep between every file deletion to reduce cpu load.

No script will delete any faster ... or are you trying to get a script written for you so you can delete all kinds of files on SOMEONE ELSE'S machine?

My-Colors.jpg

cuniform2.gif

If you did the above... you would be done in a very few minutes...

about the same time you have spent wanting someone else to write a script for you

8)

NEWHeader1.png

Delete that folder right NOW :rolleyes:

"del /s *gay.txt" at the root of the drive will take care of them all... such as c: the /s covers sub directories... you might have to add and extra switch of /q for quiet... also like stated it sounds as if someone has a malicious program writting them.. remove that first then you would be home free.