Hide Tray...

I just have a week memory about a topic were we just ControlHide to fun stuff. We hide the start button and made it move so you couldn't hit it. Anyway now I need to hide the icon tray but I really can't remember what to write :rolleyes:. I tried search but I gave up.

So what shall I write?

I have the Class name; Shell_TrayWnd

And I shall use the ControlHide function.

I have tried ControlHide("","",'ToolbarWindow32') and ControlHide("","",'Shell_TrayWnd') but those does not seem to work.

• Moderators

I just have a week memory about a topic were we just ControlHide to fun stuff. We hide the start button and made it move so you couldn't hit it. Anyway now I need to hide the icon tray but I really can't remember what to write :rolleyes:. I tried search but I gave up.

So what shall I write?

I have tried ControlHide("","",'ToolbarWindow32') and ControlHide("","",'Shell_TrayWnd') but those does not seem to work.

opt('wintitlematchmode', 4)

controlhide('classname=shell_traywnd', '', 'ToolbarWindow321')

Also from your examples..... ToolbarWindow32[Missing at least 1 number there]

Common sense plays a role in the basics of understanding AutoIt... If you're lacking in that, do us all a favor, and step away from the computer.

opt('wintitlematchmode', 4)

controlhide('classname=shell_traywnd', '', 'ToolbarWindow321')

Also from your examples..... ToolbarWindow32[Missing at least 1 number there]

Weird. It only says 32 not 321. Anyway thanks :rolleyes:

• Moderators

Weird. It only says 32 not 321. Anyway thanks :rolleyes:

If you are using the newer versions of AutoIt ... Jon re-wrote the info.exe. Now you must add "Instance" (Under the ClassNameNN) to the end of the "ClassNameNN"

Common sense plays a role in the basics of understanding AutoIt... If you're lacking in that, do us all a favor, and step away from the computer.

So what shall I write?

#notrayicon

• 2 months later...

To get my edit of this script to work I had to do three things.

1. change the classname string to the correct case of letters

2. hide traynotifywnd because my task bar shows a static image of where the tray icons were

3. show the traynotifywnd as the image is now gone from it - leaving it hidden also removes the tray clock

Note. if your tray icon section has expand buttons you may see a static image of the "expand" button while expanded, but it will be gone once collapsed.

Also Note: if anything passes over the traynotifywnd control while the Tray icon toolbar is hidden, the traynotifywnd will take a static copy of the image of any thing passing on top of it.

This code (for me) successfully replaces the icon tray with a blank space matching the taskbar theme.

;hide tray icons
#NoTrayIcon
Opt('wintitlematchmode', 4)
ControlHide('classname=Shell_TrayWnd','', 'ToolbarWindow321') ;Hide the actual tray icon toolbar
ControlHide('classname=Shell_TrayWnd','', 'TrayNotifyWnd1') ;Hide this control to eliminate any overlayed static images
ControlShow('classname=Shell_TrayWnd','', 'TrayNotifyWnd1') ;Show this control to keep the clock

;Reshow the tray icons
#NoTrayIcon
Opt('wintitlematchmode', 4)
ControlHide('classname=Shell_TrayWnd','', 'TrayNotifyWnd1') ;Hide this control to eliminate any overlayed static images
ControlShow('classname=Shell_TrayWnd','', 'ToolbarWindow321') ;activate the actual tray icon toolbar
ControlShow('classname=Shell_TrayWnd','', 'TrayNotifyWnd1') ;Show this control to display everything again
Edited by crashdemons

My Projects - WindowDarken (Darken except the active window) Yahsmosis Chat Client (Discontinued) StarShooter Game (Red alert! All hands to battlestations!) YMSG Protocol Support (Discontinued) Circular Keyboard and OSK example. (aka Iris KB) Target Screensaver Drive Toolbar Thingy Rollup Pro (Minimize-to-Titlebar & More!) 2D Launcher physics example Ascii Screenshot AutoIt3 Quine Example ("Is a Quine" is a Quine.) USB Lock (Another system keydrive - with a toast.)