New SciTE4AutoIt3 available with SciTE v1.74

Jos

• Developers

6/18/2007: Uploaded a new SciTe4AutoIt3.exe installer..

SciTE 1.74, released by Neil Hodgson today, is now included in the SciTE4AutoIt3 installer.

This installer also includes a newly written AutoIt3Wrapper_GUI which will be started from SciTE when you select Compile (Ctrl+F7) or "Compiled with options" from the "right-click" menu in explorer for .au3 files.

The GUI now supports all possible directives for AutoIt3Wrapper and include tabs for Au3check, Tidy, Obfuscator and cvsWrapper (when installed).

The ResHacker Tab now has an option to download and install ResHacker for you when its not there yet.

There are also many changes made to AutoIt3Wrapper and other support utilities to support the new Directives.

See below for all details.

I like to thank Michael(Mhz) and Gary(gafrost) for their help in testing the AutoIt3Wrapper_GUI script and helping get some bug out. :rolleyes:

==> ScitillaHistory page containing all SciTE/Scintilla updates.

==> Visit the SciTe4AutoIt3 Download page for the latest versions

==> Check the online documentation for an overview of all extras you get with this installer.

Enjoy,

Jos

6/17/2007
*** Added AutoIt3Wrapper_Gui v1.9.2.0 (JdeB)
    This is a totally new GUI based on the old GUI that was removed from AutoIt3Wrapper. 
    It now supports:
       - All possible #AutoIt3Wrapper_ directives. Also Tidy, Au3Check, Obfuscator and cvsWrapper settings.
       - Option to automatically Download and install ResHacker for you.
       - The specified information is now saved as directives at the top of the script.
       - Old INI files are converted and put into the recyclebin.
       - The GUI is linked to Compile in SciTE (Ctrl+F7) and "Compile with Option"in the right click menu of AU3 files.
*** Updated AutoIt3Wrapper v1.9.2.0 (JdeB)
    - Added: #RequireAdmin for use in Vista.
    - Added: Updated/Cleaned up Directives:
      Added: #AutoIt3Wrapper_Version And #AutoIt3Wrapper_cvsWrapper_Parameters.
    - Removed: #AutoIt3Wrapper_Prompt, #AutoIt3Wrapper_AUTOIT3, #AutoIt3Wrapper_AUT2EXE, #AutoIt3Wrapper_res_field1name
    - Removed: #AutoIt3Wrapper_res_field1value, #AutoIt3Wrapper_res_field2name, #AutoIt3Wrapper_res_field2value=
    - Changed: Many, many internal changes.
*** Updated Obfuscator.exe v1.0.14 (JdeB)
    - Leave #autoit3wrapper_plugin_funcs line in the obfuscated source to avoid au3check errors.
*** Updated Tidy.exe v2.0.14 (JdeB)
    - Added /Q parameter to run quiet.
*** Updated UpdateDefs.exe v1.4.3 (JdeB)
    - Added Latest parameter which will figure out if Prod or Beta has the highest versionnumber.
Edited by Jos

SciTE4AutoIt3 Full installer Download page   - Beta files       Read before posting     How to post scriptsource   Forum etiquette  Forum Rules 

Live for the present,
Dream of the future,
Learn from the past.
  :)

• Replies 72
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

• Developers

Thanks folk...

I got a report that the relative path for the Output file wouldn't work correctly when using an UNC and found that _PAthfull() has a bug returning \\\Server\ in stead of \\Server\ ...

I have uploaded a new version of AutoIt3Wrapper to "work-around" this issue ...

Edited by JdeB

SciTE4AutoIt3 Full installer Download page   - Beta files       Read before posting     How to post scriptsource   Forum etiquette  Forum Rules 

Live for the present,
Dream of the future,
Learn from the past.

I'm getting a 404 error when I try to download the Wrapper GUI file Jos. The rest are fine.

George

Question about decompiling code? Read the decompiling FAQ and don't bother posting the question in the forums.

Be sure to read and follow the forum rules. -AKA the AutoIt Reading and Comprehension Skills test.***

The PCRE (Regular Expression) ToolKit for AutoIT - (Updated Oct 20, 2011 ver:3.0.1.13) - Please update your current version before filing any bug reports. The installer now includes both 32 and 64 bit versions. No change in version number.

Visit my Blog .. currently not active but it will soon be resplendent with news and views. Also please remove any links you may have to my website. it is soon to be closed and replaced with something else.

"Old age and treachery will always overcome youth and skill!"

• Developers

I'm getting a 404 error when I try to download the Wrapper GUI file Jos. The rest are fine.

Fixed the case issue .... thanks :rolleyes:

Live for the present,
Dream of the future,
Learn from the past.

Ok, with the newest build of AutoIt3Wrapper, #AutoIt3Wrapper_AUT2EXE has been removed.

I have an old UDF (7zip) that won't work with any version of Autoit higher that 3.2.2.0. So I had been using this wrapper property to get around that and build those scripts with the older version.

But now it looks like I only have the option to build with the main line build or beta.

Am I missing something?

Is there still a way to do this?

Thanks

Ok, with the newest build of AutoIt3Wrapper, #AutoIt3Wrapper_AUT2EXE has been removed.

I have an old UDF (7zip) that won't work with any version of Autoit higher that 3.2.2.0. So I had been using this wrapper property to get around that and build those scripts with the older version.

But now it looks like I only have the option to build with the main line build or beta.

Am I missing something?

Is there still a way to do this?

Thanks

Fix the UDF or ask the Author to fix it to work with latest, would be the best bet.

SciTE for AutoItDirections for Submitting Standard UDFs

Don't argue with an idiot; people watching may not be able to tell the difference.

• Developers

copy of the reply I gave in the other thread

I intended it to be backwards compatible and this slipped through ...

Try the current test version of AutoIt3Wrapper to see if that fixes it ..

:rolleyes:

Edited by JdeB

Live for the present,
Dream of the future,
Learn from the past.

• 2 months later...

I have a couple questions about the compilier.

I have my compilier options in my scripts, in a section titled: "compilier options".

When I use this latest version to "compile with options", it always takes out my compilier options from my section and replaces them by putting them at the top of my script. I really dont want them at the very top because that's when I put my information, like Author, Date, update history, etc... is there a way to just leave my compilier options where they are in my script?

Another question.

Is there a way to run this without the GUI?

One of the things I liked about the "Compile with Autoitwrapper" option from the right click, was the fact that it just read my compilier options and did it, I didn't have to look at the GUI.

Thanks,

Terry

PS - Please let meknow if there's a better forum to post these questions to.

• Developers

I have a couple questions about the compilier.

I have my compilier options in my scripts, in a section titled: "compilier options".

When I use this latest version to "compile with options", it always takes out my compilier options from my section and replaces them by putting them at the top of my script. I really dont want them at the very top because that's when I put my information, like Author, Date, update history, etc... is there a way to just leave my compilier options where they are in my script?

Another question.

Is there a way to run this without the GUI?

One of the things I liked about the "Compile with Autoitwrapper" option from the right click, was the fact that it just read my compiler options and did it, I didn't have to look at the GUI.

Thanks,

Terry

PS - Please let meknow if there's a better forum to post these questions to.

F7 in SciTE will just compile using the current directives....no GUI

Ctrl+F7 will first show a GUI and after which it will remove all known Directives and create a fixed section at the top. The problem is that the current logic will only put the directives in there that are not standard... the rest is removed and I cannot see how this would ever work properly if I were to leave the current directives and just update them.

Live for the present,
Dream of the future,
Learn from the past.

• Developers

@Jdeb,

So when you plan to release updated version pack all-in-one? It's been a while and i think you already updated obfuscator and autoitwrapper_gui so why not update the main package? :)

Thanks

MadBoy

I want to finish the resource addition stuff first after which I will release a next SciTE4AutoIt3 Installer. ;)

Live for the present,
Dream of the future,
Learn from the past.

Basically I just would like it to work like it use to.

Right click on Au3 file>"Compile using AutoitWrapper" (or whatever) = Runs silent and does what's in the options in the script.

I've tried this by using just the Au3>"Compile" option, but I dont think it does what's in the compilier directives if you use that method?

Compilier options in the script, stay where I put them, not moved to the top of the script.

Maybe I'm doing something wrong or not understanding you? But the compilier options even if I let your compilier get everything "standardized", puts them at the top, then I move them down below my header section which lists things like updates I've made to the script,... the next time I compile it puts them back at the top again?

For example I'd like the top of my script to stay as below:

; ----------------------------------------------------------------------------
; Author:       Terry Matthews
; Date:     06/29/2007
;
; Version:      1.0.0.38
;
; Description:  Blah blah blah
;
; Background:   Blah blah blah
;
; Updates:  09/03/2007 - TM - blah blah 
; 
; ----------------------------------------------------------------------------

;=============================
; COMPILIER DIRECTIVES
;=============================
#Region Directives

#AutoIt3Wrapper_outfile=REPAIR_MSI.exe
#AutoIt3Wrapper_Compression=4
#AutoIt3Wrapper_Res_Comment=Allow Repairs from right click
#AutoIt3Wrapper_Res_Description=Created by Terry Matthews
#AutoIt3Wrapper_Res_Fileversion=1.0.0.38
#AutoIt3Wrapper_Res_Fileversion_AutoIncrement=y
#AutoIt3Wrapper_Res_LegalCopyright=Company
#AutoIt3Wrapper_Run_AU3Check=4

#EndRegion Directives

• Developers

Basically I just would like it to work like it use to.

Right click on Au3 file>"Compile using AutoitWrapper" (or whatever) = Runs silent and does what's in the options in the script.

I've tried this by using just the Au3>"Compile" option, but I dont think it does what's in the compilier directives if you use that method?

Compilier options in the script, stay where I put them, not moved to the top of the script.

Maybe I'm doing something wrong or not understanding you? But the compilier options even if I let your compilier get everything "standardized", puts them at the top, then I move them down below my header section which lists things like updates I've made to the script,... the next time I compile it puts them back at the top again?

Ok, you are compiling from the Explorer ....

There is currently no option to just Compile it without showing the GUI and still use AutoIt3Wrapper, but having said that: why use it that way and not do this from SciTE?

The new version of AutoIt3Wrapper soon to be released will only update the Directives when there are changes.

The reason I put them together at the top is simple: They have to be put somewhere in the script and its the most logical place for me.

Now how would you see it working at any other location ? How would AutoIt3Wrapper know where to put them ?

EDIT: with this code you could add this option yourself :

RegWrite("HKCR\AutoIt3Script\Shell\Compile with AutoIt3Wrapper\Command","","REG_SZ", '"C:\Program Files\AutoIt3\SciTE\AutoIt3Wrapper\AutoIt3Wrapper.exe" /in "%l"')
Edited by JdeB

Live for the present,
Dream of the future,
Learn from the past.

Hi,

True I never looked at it that way, I always just have compiled from within Explorer by right click.

We have a pretty locked down code updating process. All scripts are checked in, a build request is made, and then an automated system builds the scripts. So hopefully we can still do a silent compile from the command line? Is that the same or did it change?

I understand the simplicity of putting 'new' directives at the top of the script. Because you are right how else would you know where to put them. However if the directives have not changed, the values have changed, or no changes are necessary. Then you simply just read the lines of the script and where you find the certain directive who's value has changed or whatever you just do a replace on that line.

In the previous version I am currently using, I don't have any problems with this? I put in the compilier directives how I want them, and they stay in the same place.

One other thing I've noticed with the new compilier is that the AU3 script disappears for a second then gets put back? Maybe I just missed it before but I've never seen the au3 file disappear when compiliing then come back? My guess is when you are writing the new directives to the top of the script it deletes the old file and then moves the new updated one in its place?

Anyway, I guess I've just become accustomed to the way the old autoitwrapper worked. I'll probably adapt to the changes after a while if they stay this way.

Thanks,

Terry

Two questions

Is there any chance to install SciTE4AutoIt3 to a computer with beta version of autoit3 only?

Sometimes, I prefer to download autoit3 without installer. However, SciTE4AutoIt3 refuses to install because of missing registry value of autoit3 version. Anyway to bypass?