IE Saving Controlled

Gang, is there a way to save/download a file without having windows spawn new parent windows asking if you want to save, where you want it saved, etc. ?

I'm using the IE include, but navigating to the specific file or clicking the link causes an independent window to open that appears to not be easily controlled via the IE COM.

A decision is a powerful thing

Shoot I must specify that InetGet doesn't seem to work because the user has to be logged into the site, which is why I was navigating to the file or clicking the link

Edited by JohnBailey

Browser security restrictions prevent this.

You must use Send or ControlSend to send keyboard commands to the window in order to bring up the Save As dialog and then again use Send or ControlSend keystrokes to manipulate the dialog.

Dale

Free Internet Tools: DebugBar, AutoIt IE Builder, HTTP UDF, MODIV2, IE Developer Toolbar, IEDocMon, Fiddler, HTML Validator, WGet, curl

MSDN docs: InternetExplorer Object, Document Object, Overviews and Tutorials, DHTML Objects, DHTML Events, WinHttpRequest, XmlHttpRequest, Cross-Frame Scripting, Office object model

Automate input type=file (Related)

Alternative to _IECreateEmbedded? better: _IECreatePseudoEmbedded  Better Better?

IE.au3 issues with Vista - Workarounds

SciTe Debug mode - it's magic: #AutoIt3Wrapper_run_debug_mode=Y

Doesn't work needs to be ripped out of the troubleshooting lexicon. It means that what you tried did not produce the results you expected. It begs the questions 1) what did you try?, 2) what did you expect? and 3) what happened instead?

Reproducer: a small (the smallest?) piece of stand-alone code that demonstrates your trouble

Browser security restrictions prevent this.

You must use Send or ControlSend to send keyboard commands to the window in order to bring up the Save As dialog and then again use Send or ControlSend keystrokes to manipulate the dialog.

Dale

Well, nuts about the Browser Security Restricitions! I'm using the ControlSend method. However, this is limiting in so many different ways for what I'm needing

i.e.

cannot hide the save windows (Save As and Download File)

Input must be blocked during save

Is there another download method, possbily a API or such that I could research?

Is there another download method, possbily a API or such that I could research?

Not to my knowledge. The security restriction is there for a good, valid reason so if there were readily available workarounds, they would be considered security concerns as well and wouldn't last long.

Dale

Free Internet Tools: DebugBar, AutoIt IE Builder, HTTP UDF, MODIV2, IE Developer Toolbar, IEDocMon, Fiddler, HTML Validator, WGet, curl

MSDN docs: InternetExplorer Object, Document Object, Overviews and Tutorials, DHTML Objects, DHTML Events, WinHttpRequest, XmlHttpRequest, Cross-Frame Scripting, Office object model

Automate input type=file (Related)

Alternative to _IECreateEmbedded? better: _IECreatePseudoEmbedded  Better Better?

IE.au3 issues with Vista - Workarounds

SciTe Debug mode - it's magic: #AutoIt3Wrapper_run_debug_mode=Y

Doesn't work needs to be ripped out of the troubleshooting lexicon. It means that what you tried did not produce the results you expected. It begs the questions 1) what did you try?, 2) what did you expect? and 3) what happened instead?

Reproducer: a small (the smallest?) piece of stand-alone code that demonstrates your trouble