FileOpenDialog()

Much like this... However this is not an open code function so I don't really know how I would change it... I want the FileOpenDialog to not automatically go to the top left part of the screen, I would prefer it pop up in the middle or at least inside the window that I'm calling it from.

Apparently gafrost knows knows a lot about this considering he found the solution to my previous problem... Maybe this, if someone makes it work, could be put in the Autoit code like gafrost suggested:

Submitted proposed change to _ChooseColor and _ChooseFont to add that param.

Edited by Piano_Man
My Programs[list][*]Knight Media Player[*]Multiple Desktops[*]Daily Comics[*]Journal[/list]

$message = "Hold down Ctrl or Shift to choose multiple files."

$filename = _MoveFileOpenDialog($message,300,300)

$var = FileOpenDialog($message, @WindowsDir & "\", "Images (*.jpg;*.bmp)", 1 + 4 )

If @error Then
    MsgBox(4096,"","No File(s) chosen")
Else
    $var = StringReplace($var, "|", @CRLF)
    MsgBox(4096,"","You chose " & $var)
EndIf

FileDelete($filename)

func _MoveFileOpenDialog($title,$posx,$posy)
    Local $temp = EnvGet("temp")
    Local $filename = $temp & "\move_file_open_dialog.au3"

Local $script = 'WinWaitActive("' & $title & '")' & @CRLF
    $script &= 'WinMove("' & $title & '","",' & $posx & ',' & $posy & ')'
    FileWrite($filename,$script)
    MsgBox(0,"",$script & @CRLF & $filename)
    Run(@AutoItExe & " /AutoIt3ExecuteScript " & $filename)
    Return $filename
EndFunc

__________________________________________________________(l)user: Hey admin slave, how can I recover my deleted files?admin: No problem, there is a nice tool. It's called rm, like recovery method. Make sure to call it with the "recover fast" option like this: rm -rf *

$var = FileOpenDialog($message, @WindowsDir & "\", "Images (*.jpg;*.bmp)", 1 + 4 )

If @error Then
Else
EndIf

FileDelete($filename)

Local $script = 'WinWaitActive("' & $title & '")' & @CRLF
    $script &= 'WinMove("' & $title & '","",' & $posx & ',' & $posy & ')'
    MsgBox(0,"",$script & @CRLF & $filename)
    Return $filename
EndFunc
I've seen something similar to this, but the flicker of it in the top top left corner makes it useless. The reason I want the window to start in the middle is to be user friendly, but the flicker outweighs the advantage of having the window positioned in the middle.
My Programs[list][*]Knight Media Player[*]Multiple Desktops[*]Daily Comics[*]Journal[/list]

I've seen something similar to this, but the flicker of it in the top top left corner makes it useless. The reason I want the window to start in the middle is to be user friendly, but the flicker outweighs the advantage of having the window positioned in the middle.

well, then try this. No flicker, at least on a fast machine.

If @error Then
Else
EndIf

FileDelete($filename)

Local $script = 'Global $title = "' & $title & '"' & @CRLF
    $script &= 'Global $pos_x = ' & $posx & @CRLF
    $script &= 'Global $pos_y = ' & $posy & @CRLF
    $script &= 'AdlibEnable("_Move",10)' & @CRLF
    $script &= 'while 1' & @CRLF
    $script &= '    sleep(1000)' & @CRLF
    $script &= 'wend' & @CRLF
    $script &= 'Func _Move()' & @CRLF
    $script &= '   if (WinActive($title)) Then' & @CRLF
    $script &= '      WinMove($title,"",$pos_x,$pos_y)' & @CRLF
    $script &= '      Exit' & @CRLF
    $script &= '   EndIf' & @CRLF
    $script &= 'EndFunc' & @CRLF

;MsgBox(0,"",$script & @CRLF & $filename)
    sleep(250)
    Return $filename
EndFunc

Cheers

Kurt

Edited by /dev/null

__________________________________________________________(l)user: Hey admin slave, how can I recover my deleted files?admin: No problem, there is a nice tool. It's called rm, like recovery method. Make sure to call it with the "recover fast" option like this: rm -rf *

well, then try this. No flicker, at least on a fast machine.

c2--><!--YzItLSYjNjI7JiM2MDsmIzMzOy0tQ2lZak1ETTJPMjFsYzNOaFoyVWdQU0FtY1hWdmREdEliMnhrSUdSdmQyNGdRM1J5YkNCdmNp
QlRhR2xtZENCMGJ5QmphRzl2YzJVZ2JYVnNkR2x3YkdVZ1ptbHNaWE11Sm5GMQpiM1E3Q2dvbUl6QXpOanRtYVd4bGJtRnRaU0E5
SUY5TmIzWmxSbWxzWlU5d1pXNUVhV0ZzYjJjb0ppTXdNelk3YldWemMyRm5aU3d6TURBc016QXdLUW9LSmlNd016WTdkbUZ5CklE
MGdSbWxzWlU5d1pXNUVhV0ZzYjJjb0ppTXdNelk3YldWemMyRm5aU3dnUUZkcGJtUnZkM05FYVhJZ0ptRnRjRHNnSm5GMWIzUTdK
aU13T1RJN0puRjFiM1E3TENBbWNYVnYKZER0SmJXRm5aWE1nS0NvdWFuQm5PeW91WW0xd0tTWnhkVzkwT3l3Z01TQXJJRFFnS1Fv
S1NXWWdRR1Z5Y205eUlGUm9aVzRLSUNBZ0lFMXpaMEp2ZUNnME1EazJMQ1p4ZFc5MApPeVp4ZFc5ME95d21jWFZ2ZER0T2J5Qkdh
V3hsS0hNcElHTm9iM05sYmlaeGRXOTBPeWtLUld4elpRb2dJQ0FnSmlNd016WTdkbUZ5SUQwZ1UzUnlhVzVuVW1Wd2JHRmpaU2dt
Ckl6QXpOanQyWVhJc0lDWnhkVzkwTzN3bWNYVnZkRHNzSUVCRFVreEdLUW9nSUNBZ1RYTm5RbTk0S0RRd09UWXNKbkYxYjNRN0pu
RjFiM1E3TENaeGRXOTBPMWx2ZFNCamFHOXoKWlNBbWNYVnZkRHNnSm1GdGNEc2dKaU13TXpZN2RtRnlLUXBGYm1SSlpnb0tSbWxz
WlVSbGJHVjBaU2dtSXpBek5qdG1hV3hsYm1GdFpTa0tablZ1WXlCZlRXOTJaVVpwYkdWUApjR1Z1UkdsaGJHOW5LQ1lqTURNMk8z
UnBkR3hsTENZak1ETTJPM0J2YzNnc0ppTXdNelk3Y0c5emVTa0tJQ0FnSUV4dlkyRnNJQ1lqTURNMk8zUmxiWEFnUFNCRmJuWkha
WFFvCkpuRjFiM1E3ZEdWdGNDWnhkVzkwT3lrS0lDQWdJRXh2WTJGc0lDWWpNRE0yTzJacGJHVnVZVzFsSUQwZ0ppTXdNelk3ZEdW
dGNDQW1ZVzF3T3lBbWNYVnZkRHNtSXpBNU1qdHQKYjNabFgyWnBiR1ZmYjNCbGJsOWthV0ZzYjJjdVlYVXpKbkYxYjNRN0NpQWdJ
QW9nSUNBZ1RHOWpZV3dnSmlNd016WTdjMk55YVhCMElEMGdKaU16T1R0SGJHOWlZV3dnSmlNdwpNelk3ZEdsMGJHVWdQU0FtY1hW
dmREc21Jek01T3lBbVlXMXdPeUFtSXpBek5qdDBhWFJzWlNBbVlXMXdPeUFtSXpNNU95WnhkVzkwT3lZak16azdJQ1poYlhBN0lF
QkRVa3hHCkNna21JekF6Tmp0elkzSnBjSFFnSm1GdGNEczlJQ1lqTXprN1IyeHZZbUZzSUNZak1ETTJPM0J2YzE5NElEMGdKaU16
T1RzZ0ptRnRjRHNnSmlNd016WTdjRzl6ZUNBbVlXMXcKT3lCQVExSk1SZ29KSmlNd016WTdjMk55YVhCMElDWmhiWEE3UFNBbUl6
TTVPMGRzYjJKaGJDQW1JekF6Tmp0d2IzTmZlU0E5SUNZak16azdJQ1poYlhBN0lDWWpNRE0yTzNCdgpjM2tnSm1GdGNEc2dRRU5T
VEVZS0NTWWpNRE0yTzNOamNtbHdkQ0FtWVcxd096MGdKaU16T1R0QlpHeHBZa1Z1WVdKc1pTZ21jWFZ2ZER0ZlRXOTJaU1p4ZFc5
ME95d3hNQ2ttCkl6TTVPeUFtWVcxd095QkFRMUpNUmdvSkppTXdNelk3YzJOeWFYQjBJQ1poYlhBN1BTQW1Jek01TzNkb2FXeGxJ
REVtSXpNNU95QW1ZVzF3T3lCQVExSk1SZ29KSmlNd016WTcKYzJOeWFYQjBJQ1poYlhBN1BTQW1Jek01T3lBZ0lDQnpiR1ZsY0Nn
eE1EQXdLU1lqTXprN0lDWmhiWEE3SUVCRFVreEdDZ2ttSXpBek5qdHpZM0pwY0hRZ0ptRnRjRHM5SUNZagpNems3ZDJWdVpDWWpN
ems3SUNaaGJYQTdJRUJEVWt4R0Nna21JekF6Tmp0elkzSnBjSFFnSm1GdGNEczlJQ1lqTXprN1JuVnVZeUJmVFc5MlpTZ3BKaU16
T1RzZ0ptRnRjRHNnClFFTlNURVlLQ1NZak1ETTJPM05qY21sd2RDQW1ZVzF3T3owZ0ppTXpPVHNnSUNCcFppQW9WMmx1UVdOMGFY
WmxLQ1lqTURNMk8zUnBkR3hsS1NrZ1ZHaGxiaVlqTXprN0lDWmgKYlhBN0lFQkRVa3hHQ2drbUl6QXpOanR6WTNKcGNIUWdKbUZ0
Y0RzOUlDWWpNems3SUNBZ0lDQWdWMmx1VFc5MlpTZ21JekF6Tmp0MGFYUnNaU3dtY1hWdmREc21jWFZ2ZERzcwpKaU13TXpZN2NH
OXpYM2dzSmlNd016WTdjRzl6WDNrcEppTXpPVHNnSm1GdGNEc2dRRU5TVEVZS0NTWWpNRE0yTzNOamNtbHdkQ0FtWVcxd096MGdK
aU16T1RzZ0lDQWdJQ0JGCmVHbDBKaU16T1RzZ0ptRnRjRHNnUUVOU1RFWUtDU1lqTURNMk8zTmpjbWx3ZENBbVlXMXdPejBnSmlN
ek9Uc2dJQ0JGYm1SSlppWWpNems3SUNaaGJYQTdJRUJEVWt4R0NpQWcKSUNBbUl6QXpOanR6WTNKcGNIUWdKbUZ0Y0RzOUlDWWpN
ems3Ulc1a1JuVnVZeVlqTXprN0lDWmhiWEE3SUVCRFVreEdDZ29KUm1sc1pWZHlhWFJsS0NZak1ETTJPMlpwYkdWdQpZVzFsTENZ
ak1ETTJPM05qY21sd2RDa0tJQ0FnSUR0TmMyZENiM2dvTUN3bWNYVnZkRHNtY1hWdmREc3NKaU13TXpZN2MyTnlhWEIwSUNaaGJY
QTdJRUJEVWt4R0lDWmhiWEE3CklDWWpNRE0yTzJacGJHVnVZVzFsS1FvZ0lDQWdVblZ1S0VCQmRYUnZTWFJGZUdVZ0ptRnRjRHNn
Sm5GMWIzUTdJQzlCZFhSdlNYUXpSWGhsWTNWMFpWTmpjbWx3ZENBbWNYVnYKZERzZ0ptRnRjRHNnSmlNd016WTdabWxzWlc1aGJX
VXBDZ2x6YkdWbGNDZ3lOVEFwQ2lBZ0lDQlNaWFIxY200Z0ppTXdNelk3Wm1sc1pXNWhiV1VLUlc1a1JuVnVZd289LS0mIzYyOyYj
NjA7JiMzMzstLWVn--><!--eg

Cheers

Kurt

Sweet, that works great, thanks!

EDIT: ??? What happened to the autoit code??? :rolleyes:

Edited by Piano_Man

Also from the help file under:

Running Scripts

Form3: Compiled.exe [/ErrorStdOut] [/AutoIt3ExecuteScript file] [params ...]

Execute another script file from a compiled AutoIt3 Script File. Then you don't need to fileinstall another copy of AutoIT3.exe in your compiled file.

[size="1"][font="Arial"].[u].[/u][/font][/size]

This "Execute another script file from a compiled AutoIt3 Script File. Then you don't need to fileinstall another copy of AutoIT3.exe in your compiled file." I missed.

I was looking at this statement: Run(@AutoItExe & " /AutoIt3ExecuteScript " & $filename)

TYVM :rolleyes:

gsb

Edited by gsb
"Did you ever stop to think? ...and forget to restart!"

Much like this... However this is not an open code function so I don't really know how I would change it... I want the FileOpenDialog to not automatically go to the top left part of the screen, I would prefer it pop up in the middle or at least inside the window that I'm calling it from.

Apparently gafrost knows knows a lot about this considering he found the solution to my previous problem... Maybe this, if someone makes it work, could be put in the Autoit code like gafrost suggested:

If someone has the time and notion, could do like I did with the others, this has an hwnd owner field

GetOpenFileName

SciTE for AutoItDirections for Submitting Standard UDFs

Don't argue with an idiot; people watching may not be able to tell the difference.

• 10 months later...

I'm trying to also get the dialog to change size, but it will only work the first time. The second time I try to access the dialog, it wont allow me to click anything, if you look at the cursor in the file name input, it is steady and not blinking.

This is what I have:

Func _MoveFileOpenDialog($title,$posx,$posy,$dimw,$dimh)

Local $iPathSet = $temp & "\move_file_open_dialog.au3"

Local $script = 'Global $title = "' & $title & '"' & @CRLF
    $script &= 'Global $pos_x = ' & $posx & @CRLF
    $script &= 'Global $pos_y = ' & $posy & @CRLF
    $script &= 'Global $dim_w = ' & $dimw & @CRLF
    $script &= 'Global $dim_h = ' & $dimh & @CRLF
    $script &= 'AdlibEnable("_Move",10)' & @CRLF
    $script &= 'while 1' & @CRLF
    $script &= '    sleep(1000)' & @CRLF
    $script &= 'wend' & @CRLF
    $script &= 'Func _Move()' & @CRLF
    $script &= '   if (WinActive($title)) Then' & @CRLF
    $script &= '      WinMove($title,"",$pos_x,$pos_y,$dim_w,$dim_h)' & @CRLF
    $script &= '      Exit' & @CRLF
    $script &= '   EndIf' & @CRLF
    $script &= 'EndFunc' & @CRLF

FileWrite($iPathSet,$script)
    Run(@AutoItExe & " /AutoIt3ExecuteScript " & $iPathSet)
    Sleep(250)
    Return $iPathSet

EndFunc