DriveMapDel

Gloubs

Hello all,

I tried the DriveMapDel, but it seems it has a little difference with the "basic" net use x: /delete command (lauched by : runwait(@comspec & " /c net use x: /delete /no")

When I use DriveMapDel, the mapped drive is well disconnected, but you can still see it if you type "net use" at the cmd prompt ...

the drive is tagged "unavailable" (non disponible in french :( )

And if you open an explorer window, you can see it in the drive list ; red crossed, but still here... And if you click on it, the connexion is restored...

This behavior doesn't occur if I use the "basic" net use command.

Is it "on purpose" ? or have I found a possible enhancement of the function ?

:ph34r:

Thanks !

(and again congratulations for the excelent work from the developpers of this great tool !)

Another related question, is there any way to make it force the disconnect or prompt if there are files in use on said drive? For my script, I'm trying to remap all connected drives, including the drive that hold's the user's profile, so files will be in use, but I need to remap the drive, so it's connection is persistant... I added a drivemapdel before the map command in my script, but given the issue Gloubs points out, and my own experimentations, the drivemapdel is fairly useless...

"I'm not even supposed to be here today!" -Dante (Hicks)

net use * /delete /y

does not solve your problem emmanuel?

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

sure it does, but why shouldn't DriveMapDel at least have the option? Same for DriveMapAdd, why not have a switch to overwrite existing mappings? Same for FileCopy even, it should be able to overwrite read only files... Why should AutoIt be inferior to command line apps? :lol:

:(

It shouldn't be!

AutoIt Uber Alles! :ph34r:

oh, and thanks for the suggestion, if I hadn't already set my script up that way, you would've been saving the day :lol:

"I'm not even supposed to be here today!" -Dante (Hicks)