Selecting dropdown menu option problems

Hello all,

First of I just want to say thanks to the developers for such a get program. I find it very usefull in software automation configuration.

I use a peice of software that has a drop down menu with three options (Generic, SWDL, and Central Config). This is proprietary and I have no control over the development of the software nor can I share it. I have an automated script of controlclicks to set configurations but I seem to be having trouble selecting from dropdown menus. I have been using Window Info but can't seem to find a unique value that I can use to my advantage in controlclicking it.

Here is the menu:

http://img119.imageshack.us/img119/8844/menuvh5.jpg

Here is the Window Info:

>>>> Window <<<<
Title:  
Class:  #32769
Position:   0, 0
Size:   1280, 1024
Style:  0x96000000
ExStyle:    0x00000000

>>>> Control <<<<
Class:  ComboLBox
Instance:   1
ID: 1000
Text:   
Position:   913, 160
Size:   96, 41
ControlClick Coords:    49, 17
Style:  0x54808041
ExStyle:    0x00000088

There are multiple ComboLBox classes on the page and they are all instance 1. I just need to select the option, not minipulate it in anyway.

Does anyone have any ideas besides a mouseclick? I perfer not to use it as multiple people use this script on multiple resolutions.

Thanks for your time.

-Mike

why not {tab} to it and then {down} if you don't want to use a mouseclick. Also on a side note, run the application in some other res, you should be able to come up with a formula based on @deskwidth and @deskheight that will be able to always know where the drop down is.

Send("{down}") is how you press the down arrow

So you could use:

Send("{tab}") until you are at the drop down menu, THEN

Send("{down}") until you are at the right option

to select that option you are now on, you could press tab again or ( i think ) press spacebar

let me know if this works.

Will you post the script you have so far?

Edited by danwilli

Thank you very much. Problem solved.

EDITx3: Yes i can post my script but no one can actualy run it without the software. I'm not allowed to post the software under company policy otherwise i would. If you want ill still post the script. Thanks again.

Edited by chickenselects

Here is all thats worth posting.

Heres a Select statement inside a while loop. There were 6 seperate fields to fill in two Hex digits. (aka all the instances and the need for the place variable)

;write mem config to Ford DET
$counter=1
$bLoop=1
$place=1
While $bLoop=1
    $insertConfig = StringMid($DE00Config,$place,2)
    Select
        Case $counter=1
            ControlClick("Diagnostic Engineering Tool v2.5.0","","[CLASS:WindowsForms10.EDIT.app3; INSTANCE:19;]","left",2)
            ControlSend("Diagnostic Engineering Tool v2.5.0","","[CLASS:WindowsForms10.EDIT.app3; INSTANCE:19;]",$insertConfig)
        Case $counter=2
            ControlClick("Diagnostic Engineering Tool v2.5.0","","[CLASS:WindowsForms10.EDIT.app3; INSTANCE:18;]","left",2)
            ControlSend("Diagnostic Engineering Tool v2.5.0","","[CLASS:WindowsForms10.EDIT.app3; INSTANCE:18;]",$insertConfig)
        Case $counter=3
            ControlClick("Diagnostic Engineering Tool v2.5.0","","[CLASS:WindowsForms10.EDIT.app3; INSTANCE:17;]","left",2)
            ControlSend("Diagnostic Engineering Tool v2.5.0","","[CLASS:WindowsForms10.EDIT.app3; INSTANCE:17;]",$insertConfig)         
        Case $counter=4
            ControlClick("Diagnostic Engineering Tool v2.5.0","","[CLASS:WindowsForms10.EDIT.app3; INSTANCE:16;]","left",2)
            ControlSend("Diagnostic Engineering Tool v2.5.0","","[CLASS:WindowsForms10.EDIT.app3; INSTANCE:16;]",$insertConfig)
        Case $counter=5
            ControlClick("Diagnostic Engineering Tool v2.5.0","","[CLASS:WindowsForms10.EDIT.app3; INSTANCE:15;]","left",2)
            ControlSend("Diagnostic Engineering Tool v2.5.0","","[CLASS:WindowsForms10.EDIT.app3; INSTANCE:15;]",$insertConfig)
        Case $counter=6
            ControlClick("Diagnostic Engineering Tool v2.5.0","","[CLASS:WindowsForms10.EDIT.app3; INSTANCE:14;]","left",2)
            ControlSend("Diagnostic Engineering Tool v2.5.0","","[CLASS:WindowsForms10.EDIT.app3; INSTANCE:14;]",$insertConfig)
        Case Else
            $bLoop=0
    EndSelect
    $counter = $counter+1
    $place = $place +2
WEnd

Heres a function to read in a Hex number 12 digits long. It has error checking to confirm the length and that it is a valid hex number. I didn't know how to make it so that if the user presses cancle on the input that it actualy fills in MemConfig with 12 zeros. Could be a nice feature but its not important.

$bLoop = 1
$length=0
While $bLoop = 1
    $errorCheck = 1
    $MemConfig = InputBox("Memory Configuration","Please enter the 12 digit Hexidecimal configuration number with no spaces or dashes. (Please note the cancle button does not work at this prompt.)")
    $errorCheck = StringIsXDigit($MemConfig)
    $length = StringLen($MemConfig)

If $length = 12 And $errorCheck = 1 Then
        $answer = MsgBox(4,"Memory Configuration","Is this Memory configuration correct?: " & $MemConfig)
        If $answer = 6 Then
            $bLoop = 0
        EndIf
    EndIf
WEnd
Edited by chickenselects