Printer Scripts

Welcome to the forum. You can try searching around to see if anyone has come up with any kind of UDFs for printer installs but if your really new to autoit modifying them to meet your needs might be above your head at this point. What you want can definitely be done by autoit; if not in an easier way then by clicking through the add printer wizard in the control panel.

The help file in autoit is really really good, and try to read up on what you can. Start at the WinZip install tutorial, which deals with the basic concepts of what you want to do. Also read up on ControlClick and related.

For including files into your final exe, you can by using FileInstall(). What you do is have your driver files copy to a location (or say a temp folder you create in the script) they are no longer needed have your script delete the 'temp' files. Its very clean in the end and doesn't leave any loose ends.

Hopefully I've given you some help and good luck coding!

EDIT - Should have added that you can do a lot of printer management strictly through the command prompt (PRINTUI.DLL) but I can't give you much direction as I haven't done it myself.

To give you a start in autoit, this line will run the add printer wizard

Run("RUNDLL32 PRINTUI.DLL,PrintUIEntry /il")
Edited by someone
While ProcessExists('Andrews bad day.exe')
	BlockInput(1)
	SoundPlay('Music.wav')
	SoundSetWaveVolume('Louder')
WEnd