Minimizing

I know this question is probably asked a lot, but is there a way to make it so that u can minimize a script and it still works?

For example in like some sort of window?

Edited by the_lord_mephy
My site for HTML Help :)[quote name='Valik' date='Oct 15 2004, 12:29 PM']Maybe nobody is an "elite uber-coder" like me because thinking is a capital offense in today's online-world?[right][snapback]36427[/snapback][/right][/quote]

I assume you mean minimize a window.

You can interact with a window using "Control" commands whether it is minimized or not. pretty much... unless the author of the app does something drastic to their minimized app.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Larry,

Does "control" also work with hidden windows?

i dont understand like how to make the "window" to work with. thats all i want to know and i will finally be able to make useful scripts!

My site for HTML Help :)[quote name='Valik' date='Oct 15 2004, 12:29 PM']Maybe nobody is an "elite uber-coder" like me because thinking is a capital offense in today's online-world?[right][snapback]36427[/snapback][/right][/quote]

• Developers

i dont understand like how to make the "window" to work with. thats all i want to know and i will finally be able to make useful scripts!

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

You can identify the window by its Window title and/or Text in the window.

e.g

Run("notepad")
WinWait("Untitled")
WinSetState("Untitled",'',@SW_MINIMIZE)
ControlSend("Untitled","","Edit1","typed while the window was minimized")
WinSetState("Untitled",'',@SW_RESTORE)

SciTE4AutoIt3 Full installer Download page   - Beta files       Read before posting     How to post scriptsource   Forum etiquette  Forum Rules 

Live for the present,
Dream of the future,
Learn from the past.
  :)

this is kindof off topic but like how do ppl write their own programs that like u can minimize like bots and stuff and then u can minimize the bots and things like that, what kind of scripting?

• Developers

this is kindof off topic but like how do ppl write their own programs that like u can minimize like bots and stuff and then u can minimize the bots and things like that, what kind of scripting?

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

like i don't have a clou what like UR talking about... :ph34r:

SciTE4AutoIt3 Full installer Download page   - Beta files       Read before posting     How to post scriptsource   Forum etiquette  Forum Rules 

Live for the present,
Dream of the future,
Learn from the past.
  :)

www.stealthbot.net for example. if you download their bot, when u run it it opens a window and its like their own program window, with the list of ppl in the chat room, the chat room window your own place to type, a button to connect to online and a button to disconnect, etc.

how do they make one of those windows

Guest BlackDiablo110

Mephy, I suppose that you are a DIabloII player and you want to create a DiabloII pindlebot much like Rishodi's? I am 100% sure that it cannot work in a minimized mode like JHJ's Pbot because it uses the mouse manually. I am a noob to autoit also. Haha, good luck with your pindlebot.

• 1 month later...

Well, now im a little more experienced. I can't believe how stupid i sounded. I was talking about how do you make a GUI window. Now i know :)