Variables Naming question

I am new to autoit and I've been looking at the scripts that people write here. I know that variables start with a $ but I see most scripts using variables like:

$gMyVariable and $hMyVariable

What are the differences in the $h and the $g? Is this just a preferred naming convention and if so what does the g and h represent? I would like to stick with the same coding naming conventions.

Thanks,

Rick

I am new to autoit and I've been looking at the scripts that people write here. I know that variables start with a $ but I see most scripts using variables like:

$gMyVariable and $hMyVariable

What are the differences in the $h and the $g? Is this just a preferred naming convention and if so what does the g and h represent? I would like to stick with the same coding naming conventions.

Thanks,

Rick

look at variables in helpfile , to get a complete view about variables in Autoit

EDIT:Welcome to AutoIt!

EDIT2: variable name's are random...

Edited by c4nm7

look at variables in helpfile , to get a complete view about variables in Autoit

EDIT:Welcome to AutoIt!

EDIT2: variable name's are random...

Thanks but I've looked and I understand the basic variables and the naming requirements. I guess I was asking why so many people use the $gMyVariable and and in the same script use $hMyVariable in other areas within the script? It may be a more specific question towards the user's scripts I am finding here on the forums.

I was just wondering what type of variable naming convention methodology was used for example in the script in this post.