image matching

Hi!

I would like to write a script to handle an application, but the buttons are graphical, and autoit window info does not provide any useful informations.

I have the picture of the button into the directory where the software is installed, so that the only way I see, is to perform some kind of "image matching" .

The question is : How ?

If you have an example script, it could be fine :-)

Bye

what about mouseclicks? if the buttons are always at the same place it should be no problem....

Hi!

Thanks for the reply.

I wanted to workaround this problem with what you talked about, but the problem is that the window should be anywhere on the screen.

Hi!

Thanks for the reply.

I wanted to workaround this problem with what you talked about, but the problem is that the window should be anywhere on the screen.

You can always use relative coords to the active window, thus making your script screen-resolution agnostic in most of the cases.

Have a look at "MouseCoordMode (Option)" in the help file.

BTW, which kind of control is the Window Information tool showing?

I was having trouble with "Internet Explorer_Server" controls. Basically, they are embedded IE objects, so buttons, links, images, tables, etc... are invisible to Windows Information Tool. Thanks god, I found the way to "unembed" Internet Explorer_Server controls.

Why crabs don't give money to charity..... because they are shell-fish!! PS: Don't be a crab and share your scripts with the community! ;-)