Outlook profile setup on login. Helpppppp.....

Hey there,

This is my first post with a stupid question. I have seen this question asked several times but have not seen it answered.

I am trying to create a script that will setup our Exchange server name and user name in Outlook as a user logs in. We seem to have constant moves and our techs are running all over just to setup these settings. I looked at PRF's but they seem to be a hassle to setup. I saw a little app called richprofile that worked perfectly but our director does not want to pay for it. :-(

What is the easiest way to accomplish this?

The richprofile program only need to have you specify "exchange server" "%username%"

If PRF's are the way to go does anyone have an example of a stripped down one with what settings need to be changed?

I tried the Office installation and maintenance wizards and they did not work.

Any help would be great.

Welcome to the forum.

Sorry that your post has not had a reply. Unfortunatley, I do not have an answer for you, but perhaps bumping this post will get you a reply from someone that can help.

-MSP-

[size="1"][font="Arial"].[u].[/u][/font][/size]

@All

The best way to do it I found till today is to use a freeware tool called CreatePRF.exe

This is the syntax to put into the Logon script.

RUN "createPrf.exe Profile -Mailbox=servername\@FULLNAME -PST=M:\archive.pst"

This creates a Outlook Profile name called "Profile" for the user who has logged in.

regards,

ptrex

You can use the Custom Maintenance Wizard in the Office Resource Kit to do this. It can basically create default profiles automatically so you don't have to run anything at logon; it manipulates your Office installation. You can get the Office Resource Kit for your version of Office at www.technet.com.

Good luck!

EDIT: :rolleyes: Oops, I just noticed in your original post that you've tried the CMW. I can't imagine why it wouldn't work, it could just be a misconfigured setting. You can post your .prf file and I can try to figure out where the problem is. I'd remove any "company specific" info from the prf before posting though. :rambo:

Edited by Airwolf123
Certifications: A+, Network+, Security+, Linux+, LPIC-1, MCSA | Languages: AutoIt, C, SQL, .NETBooks: AutoIt v3: Your Quick Guide - $7.99 - O'Reilly Media - September 2007-------->[u]AutoIt v3 Development - newbie to g33k[/u] - Coming Soon - Fate Publishing - Spring 2013UDF Libraries: SkypeCOM UDF Library | ADUC Computers OU Cleanup | Find PixelChecksumExamples: Skype COM Examples - Skype4COMLib Examples converted from VBS to AutoIt

Here is another way to do a setup of outlook. It is crude but might work in a pinch.

The code needs some cleanup, I am still learning AUTOIT!

Enjoy,

BRADMAN

CODE
$g_szVersion = "My Script 1.728"

If WinExists($g_szVersion) Then Exit

AutoItWinSetTitle($g_szVersion)

Opt("WinWaitDelay", 250)

Opt("WinTitleMatchMode", 2)

Opt("WinDetectHiddenText", 1)

Opt("MouseCoordMode", 0)

Opt("OnExitFunc", "endscript")

HotKeySet("^!x", "MyExit")

ShellExecute("C:\Program Files\Microsoft Office\OFFICE11\OUTLOOK.exe")

Sleep(500)

WinWait("Outlook 2003 Startup", "Outlook 2003 Startup", 15)

If Not WinExists("Outlook 2003 Startup", "Outlook 2003 Startup") Then

MsgBox(0, @UserName, "OUTLOOK TIMED OUT....RESTART OUTLOOK!", 3)

Exit

Else

SplashTextOn(@UserName, "AUTO SETUP OF MS OUTLOOK IN PROGRESS! DO NOT USE KEYBOARD OR MOUSE!", 700, 150, -1, @DesktopHeight - 200, 28, "", 26)

BlockInput(1)

WinWait("Outlook 2003 Startup", "Outlook 2003 Startup")

If Not WinActive("Outlook 2003 Startup", "Outlook 2003 Startup") Then WinActivate("Outlook 2003 Startup", "Outlook 2003 Startup")

WinWaitActive("Outlook 2003 Startup", "Outlook 2003 Startup")

Send("!n")

Sleep(500)

WinWait("Account Configuration", "Account Configuratio")

If Not WinActive("Account Configuration", "Account Configuratio") Then WinActivate("Account Configuration", "Account Configuratio")

WinWaitActive("Account Configuration", "Account Configuratio")

Send("!n")

Sleep(500)

WinWait("E-mail Accounts", "Connect to an Exchan")

If Not WinActive("E-mail Accounts", "Connect to an Exchan") Then WinActivate("E-mail Accounts", "Connect to an Exchan")

WinWaitActive("E-mail Accounts", "Connect to an Exchan")

Send("{space}");UNCHECKS A CHECK BOX

Sleep(500)

Send("!n")

Sleep(500)

WinWait("E-mail Accounts", "Type the name of you")

If Not WinActive("E-mail Accounts", "Type the name of you") Then WinActivate("E-mail Accounts", "Type the name of you")

WinWaitActive("E-mail Accounts", "Type the name of you")

ControlFocus("E-mail Accounts", "Type the name of you", 400)

ControlSend("E-mail Accounts", "Type the name of you", 400, "exchange"); NAME OF YOUR EXCHANGE SERVER

Sleep(500)

ControlFocus("E-mail Accounts", "Type the name of you", 402)

ControlClick("E-mail Accounts", "Type the name of you", 402, 1, 1)

Sleep(500)

ControlFocus("E-mail Accounts", "Type the name of you", 355)

ControlSend("E-mail Accounts", "Type the name of you", 355, @UserName); CURRENT LOGGED ON USER

Sleep(1500)

ControlFocus("E-mail Accounts", "Type the name of you", 411)

ControlClick("E-mail Accounts", "Type the name of you", 411, 2, 1)

Sleep(1500)

WinActivate("E-mail Accounts", "Type the name of you")

Send("!n")

Sleep(250)

Send("{enter}")

Sleep(500)

BlockInput(0)

WinWait("E-mail Accounts", "Congratulations!", 5)

If Not WinActive("E-mail Accounts", "Congratulations!") Then WinActivate("E-mail Accounts", "Congratulations!")

WinWaitActive("E-mail Accounts", "Congratulations!", 5)

Sleep(500)

;Send("{enter}")

SplashOff()

Exit

EndIf

Func MyExit()

Exit

EndFunc ;==>MyExit

Func endscript()

Exit

EndFunc ;==>endscript

• 2 months later...

Hi,

I went through the same thing about a year ago. My solution:

1. Use the Outlook Profile Creation Wizard to create a standardized .PRF file - http://office.microsoft.com/en-us/ork2003/...1402581033.aspx

2. On login, run the following in a autoit script or .bat or whatever you're comfortable with:

<path to your office installation here>\Outlook.exe /importprf <path to your PRF file here>

That's it. Outlook will open, create the profile and run. You may have issues with username resolution - I know I did. Let me know how you go and I can help out with an extra step if need be.