TCPSend error

I thought about that error code 9, but I discovered it's not error code at all, it's just lenght of a string sent by TCPSend. But still, I can't find my error in my code. Can anyone look it over, please?

EDIT: I forgot to write, how to recall my problem. First open up my script, select first radio and press Connect. Then open up my script again, select second radio and press Connect. After that wait for both windows to load, press Open... select any file, about 5MB is best, press Add and press Send files. Press Yes for msgbox and save it wherever you want. Then, quickly, select second window (it's receiving your file) and press Cancel. A msgbox appears with text "before reciveend", press Ok and my sending program just freezes. It's like that for ~15seconds and then it's back to normal, but it hasn't send "RECIVEEND" to receiving program.

Edited by poisonkiller

I thought about that error code 9, but I discovered it's not error code at all, it's just lenght of a string sent by TCPSend. But still, I can't find my error in my code. Can anyone look it over, please?

EDIT: I forgot to write, how to recall my problem. First open up my script, select first radio and press Connect. Then open up my script again, select second radio and press Connect. After that wait for both windows to load, press Open... select any file, about 5MB is best, press Add and press Send files. Press Yes for msgbox and save it wherever you want. Then, quickly, select second window (it's receiving your file) and press Cancel. A msgbox appears with text "before reciveend", press Ok and my sending program just freezes. It's like that for ~15seconds and then it's back to normal, but it hasn't send "RECIVEEND" to receiving program.

You are NOT checking @error after TCPSend(). Do that and post the error code, or look it up yourself and you will know what's wrong.

__________________________________________________________(l)user: Hey admin slave, how can I recover my deleted files?admin: No problem, there is a nice tool. It's called rm, like recovery method. Make sure to call it with the "recover fast" option like this: rm -rf *

I put this line

If @error Then
MsgBox(0, @extended, @error)
Else
MsgBox(0, @extended, "No error.")
EndIf

after TCPSend($connect_socket1, "RECIVEEND"), but it doesn't return any error and @extended is 0 too. So, again, why does my script freeze on that line?

Edited by poisonkiller

I put this line

If @error Then
MsgBox(0, @extended, @error)
Else
MsgBox(0, @extended, "No error.")
EndIf

before TCPSend($connect_socket1, "RECIVEEND"), but it doesn't return any error and @extended is 0 too. So, again, why does my script freeze on that line?

not BEFORE TCPSend, AFTER!

__________________________________________________________(l)user: Hey admin slave, how can I recover my deleted files?admin: No problem, there is a nice tool. It's called rm, like recovery method. Make sure to call it with the "recover fast" option like this: rm -rf *

Damn, sorry, it was a typo, I put it after TCPSend. Modified my post before too.

can you please update your code (above) to contain the @error check?

Updated.

hm.. I think by pressing the "cancel" button, you closed the receiving socket, but then TCPSend() should return an error. Strange... I'm sorry, I can't help you here.

But is it a bug or I really can't script nice file sending/receiving program in Autoit, or is it my scripting error?

good question... I will do some tests with TCPSend() on a closed socket...

• 3 weeks later...