Ctrl+Alt+Del

Maybe...

That won't work. Windows intercepts that particular key combo at a low level and does not pass it on the the applications.

:rolleyes:

Valuater's AutoIt 1-2-3, Class... Is now in Session!For those who want somebody to write the script for them: RentACoder"Any technology distinguishable from magic is insufficiently advanced." -- Geek's corollary to Clarke's law

That won't work. Windows intercepts that particular key combo at a low level and does not pass it on the the applications.

also from the AutoIt help file

N.B. Windows does not allow the simulation of the "CTRL-ALT-DEL" combination!

[quote]Baby you're all that I want, When you're lyin' here in my armsI'm findin' it hard to believe, We're in heavenAnd love is all that I need , And I found it there in your heartIt isn't too hard to see, We're in heaven .Bryan Adams[/quote].............................................................................[u]AUTOIT[/u]

Actually I found this interesting.

To PsaltyDS: Have you ever test it? Because it worked on me.

To Stars: I am not stimulating it, i am detecting it.

No. Does not work for me, and I didn't expect it to. What are running?

Valuater's AutoIt 1-2-3, Class... Is now in Session!For those who want somebody to write the script for them: RentACoder"Any technology distinguishable from magic is insufficiently advanced." -- Geek's corollary to Clarke's law

I think you are confusing a point. windows does intercept it at the lowest level, but it does also pass it. you just cant STOP it, you cant hook into the message queue lower than windows and intercept it before windows does.

and it works for me on xp, look behind the taskmgr that pops up :rolleyes:

I think you are confusing a point. windows does intercept it at the lowest level, but it does also pass it. you just cant STOP it, you cant hook into the message queue lower than windows and intercept it before windows does.

and it works for me on xp, look behind the taskmgr that pops up :rolleyes:

Again, in what version of windows does CTRL-ALT-DEL bring up task manager?

For mine it brings up the Lock Screen dialog. Task Manager is an option in that dialog, but it does not come up without further action. Perhaps you are running a "Home" version of XP? I have no experience with that.

All the versions of NT\2000\XP\2003 I have work as I described, not as you are indicating.

:rambo:

P.S. I seem to recall 95/98 doing that, but don't have it around any more...

Edited by PsaltyDS

Again, in what version of windows does CTRL-ALT-DEL bring up task manager?

For mine it brings up the Lock Screen dialog. Task Manager is an option in that dialog, but it does not come up without further action. Perhaps you are running a "Home" version of XP? I have no experience with that.

All the versions of NT\2000\XP\2003 I have work as I described, not as you are indicating.

P.S. I seem to recall 95/98 doing that, but don't have it around any more...

Task manager comes up for me when pressing ctrl+alt+del and I have XP Pro.

I didn't change any options or anything, it was like that since I installed it.

ok ok, we are officialy off topic LOL.

I have had Win XP pro allow Ctrl-Alt-Del to bring up just task manager and also just bring up the lock workstation dialog. I think it may have to do with having a welcome screen or not.

ANYWAY

Ctrl-Alt-Del is picked up by windows for me, and not by autoit

I think it may have to do with having a welcome screen or not.

danwilli is right: on XP, if you go into your control panel under "user accounts" and then "change the way users log on or off" you can change the way CTRL-ALT-DEL brings up the task mananger. With "use Welcome Screen" checked, then CTRL-ALT-DEL will bring up the task manager directly. With it unchecked you get the "Lock Screen" dialog with Task Manager as an option, that PsaltyDS was talking about.

Or PSaltyDS you could have some kinda network server thing. It might be Novell or some other network server.

I have this at school but we're getting a new one next year which probably means version 1.0 software which means H4X!

Edited by Mast3rpyr0