tab help

hello all

right im back with another conundrum, i have made a gui with a tab item, with six tabs in it. They all work fin and u can select them and all the content appears and works. however when u first load the gui the first tab item appears blank and all of its contend is gone, if i then go and check the other tab item's there fin all there content is still there. when i then click on the first tab item all of its content has magically appeared.

can any one suggest a reason why it might be blank till i click another tab

tar

hi sorry i haven't replied in a we while been in sunny France but now its back to this. hers the code but i have to worn you its pritty long and messy as im well new to this and have also used a lot of code from other peoples examples. :whistle:

in fact its so big and messy i better up load it as a file

any help would be good and feel free to make some suggestions about anything u see from code tips to just you dont like something. oh but don't forget its just an option in a program and not something that stands alone and its not finished

test.au3

ha silly me i have uploaded the old one. tis not much different but i know why its going to the last tab item i have put $tab =GUICtrlCreateTabitem ("") after each tab. so i have removed them and it now loads the first tab item but it flickers and doesn't load it propaly any ideas hears the new version of my code or if you have downloaded the old one just remove all the $tab =GUICtrlCreateTabitem ("") apart from in tab 1

sorry

Advanced.au3

You have a bunch of unnecessary GUISetState() all over the place while creating controls. Which makes your GUI appear too soon and then it flickers because other controls are created on already visible GUI.

Remove all of them except the last one before the main While loop.

Edited by Siao

"be smart, drink your wine"

You have a bunch of unnecessary GUISetState() all over the place while creating controls. Which makes your GUI appear too soon and then it flickers because other controls are created on already visible GUI.

Remove all of them except the last one before the main While loop.

brilliant thanks alot

Probably

$nIndex = _GUICtrlListViewFindItem($listview, $nItem, -1, $LVFI_PARAM)

If $nIndex <> -1 Then _GUICtrlListViewDeleteItem ($listview, $nIndex)

"be smart, drink your wine"