Kinesis: My first "polished" script

T3k

Hi!

I've been reading these forums and programming in AutoIT for a while now, but I've never posted any scripts. Well, here's my first.

I call it "Kinesis" (sounds cool, huh?). The idea is to let you create mouse gestures that run files, send keystrokes, etc. For instance you could draw a circle to open firefox or and S to open windows search. It's all customizable too. Give it a try, and let me know what you think!

Screenshot: http://img238.imageshack.us/my.php?image=screenshotgy9.jpg

Specifically, let me know:

If you find bugs

Features you'd like to see

In future versions I'd like to add

+Context sensitivity (e.g. gestures do different things depending on the window that has focus

+Detecting which direction the gesture was drawn

Enjoy!

Edit: Version List:

Version 1.1 - 25 June 2007

Fixed that darn ReadArray bug. Thanks Manadar!

-T3k

Kinesis_1.1.zip

Edited by T3k

• Moderators

This looks pretty cool, but I get the following when I hold down the trigger key and make a gesture.

Kinesis_1.0\FileIO.au3 (35) : ==> Subscript used with non-Array variable.: 
$xsize = StringLen($badarr[1]) 
$xsize = StringLen($badarr^ ERROR

Is this when creating a gesture, or when trying to use one after you've created it? what trigger key are you using? Also if it's after creating a gesture, what did you call the gesture?

Edited by T3k

• Moderators

Is this when creating a gesture, or when trying to use one after you've created it? what trigger key are you using? Also if it's after creating a gesture, what did you call the gesture?

It's when I'm trying to use the gesture, the trigger key is "z", and I called the gesture "Firefox".

Same result from both compiled and not.

Edited by big_daddy

It's when I'm trying to use the gesture, the trigger key is "z", and I called the gesture "Firefox".

Same result from both compiled and not.

Weird, I can't reproduce it. Are you on XP? After you create the gesture, see if there's a "Firefox.shape" in the directory with Kinesis in it

AutoIT

AutoIt

Could be a very usefull script for some computer-protections. After making a circle with the mouse, the computer would be unlocked etc.

btw. im getting an error, too:

---------------------------
AutoIt Error
Line 0  (File "C:\Dokumente und Einstellungen\Sn0opy\Desktop\Kinesis_1.0\Kinesis_1.0\Kinesis.exe"):

$xsize = StringLen($badarr[1])
$xsize = StringLen($badarr^ ERROR

Error: Subscript used with non-Array variable.
OK   
Edited by Sn0opy

This works when I am sending something, its crashes when I try to run something.

Does it give the same error people described above, or does it say "unable to execute the external program"?

If it's the latter, then the problem is with what you typed in as the program path (my error checking isn't too robust yet)

Edited by T3k

Does it give the same error people described above, or does it say "unable to execute the external program"?

If it's the latter, then the problem is with what you typed in as the program path (my error checking isn't too robust yet)

no same error dealing with stringlen()

www.itoady.com

A* (A-star) Searching Algorithm - A.I. Artificial Intelligence bot path finding

try this version

when it fails, it should pop up a messagebox instead of dying violently. tell me what that msgbox says...

Also: Are you guys on XP or Vista?

Edited by T3k

Wow, this is awesome.

Great job!!

[center]"Yes, [our app] runs on Windows as well as Linux, but if you had a Picasso painting, would you put it in the bathroom?" -BitchX.com (IRC client)"I would change the world, but they won't give me the source code." -Unknownsite . blog . portfolio . claimidcode.is.poetry();[/center]

This is a really great script. Great work!

gestures are recognized but line 35 of FileIO gives me an error when running something

My Programs:AInstall - Create a standalone installer for your programUnit Converter - Converts Length, Area, Volume, Weight, Temperature and Pressure to different unitsBinary Clock - Hours, minutes and seconds have 10 columns each to display timeAutoIt Editor - Code Editor with Syntax Highlighting.Laserix Editor & Player - Create, Edit and Play Laserix LevelsLyric Syncer - Create and use Synchronised Lyrics.Connect 4 - 2 Player Connect 4 Game (Local or Online!, Formatted Chat!!)MD5, SHA-1, SHA-256, Tiger and Whirlpool Hash Finder - Dictionary and Brute Force FindCool Text Client - Create Rendered ImageMy UDF's:GUI Enhance - Enhance your GUIs visually.IDEA File Encryption - Encrypt and decrypt files easily! File Rename - Rename files easilyRC4 Text Encryption - Encrypt text using the RC4 AlgorithmPrime Number - Check if a number is primeString Remove - remove lots of strings at onceProgress Bar - made easySound UDF - Play, Pause, Resume, Seek and Stop.

To fix the error that has been pointed out multiple times before with running things, you have to replace the function: ReadFileTo2DArray. The function is inside the FileIO.au3 include.

Func ReadFileTo2DArray($filename)
    $badarr = 0
    _FileReadToArray(ØÜ   [È ][ÝÉÌLÉ][ÝÈ   [È ÌÍÙ[[[YK ÌÍØYBRYW'&÷"FVà ×6t&÷ÂgV÷C²gV÷C²ÂgV÷C´W'&÷"vVâW6ærôfÆU&VEFô'&ä¸ÅÕ½ÐìµÀì
I1µÀìÅÕ½ÐíAɵÑÈÄèÅÕ½ÐìµÀìÀÌØí¥±¹µmp; @CRLF & "Parameter 2: $badarr" & @CRLF & @CR [È ][ÝÐÜ    ][ÝÈ  [ÈÜ   [ÈÔ   [ÈÔ   [È ]÷CµF2&öw&ÒvÆÂæ÷r6Æ÷6RæBWBâvR&R6÷''f÷"FRæ6öçfVæVæ6RÅÕ½Ðì¤($%á¥Ð(%¹%($ÀÌØíåÍ¥éôU   ½Õ¹ ÀÌØíÉȤ´Ä($ÀÌØíáÍ¥éôtringLen($badarr[1])
    Dim $arr[$xsize]
    If @error Then MsgBo
    ][ÝÐØ[Ý[[][ÝÈ  [È ÌÍÙ[[[YJBQÜ ÌÍÞHFòb33c·6¦RÓ FÒb33c¶6öŲb33c·6¦UÐ f÷"b33c·ÒFòb33c·Í¥é´Ä($$$ÀÌØí½±lÀÌØíåtô%¹Ð¡MÑÉ¥¹5¥ ÀÌØíÉÉlÀÌØíä¬Åt°ÀÌ;x+1, 1 ))

Next
        $arr[$x] = $col
    Next
    Return $[[