Is this to complicated of a question?

say I have

$input = GUICtrlCreateInput ("Input", 5, 100)

Now say I type in 1 + 1 = 3

I want the $input to be able identify the + symbol and then have the program calculate 1 + 1 to see if it actually = 3 if not give the new correct answer.. But I don't know how to get it to actually identify the "+" symbol then actually take an make it do 1 + 1.

Please help

MsgBox(0, '', Execute('1+1'))

eh.. I know how to get the program to do 1+1 raw.. I mean taking what the user types in and identifying that it typed in a + symbol and then reads the other 2 numbers so it'd be like $word1 $symbol $word2 = .. $word1 would be like the first 1 the word2 would be the second number 1 and then $symbol would be like the addition symobl... Basically I'm trying to identify that the user entered a Addition symbol or any kind of math symbol to then try and solve the equation before storing the information.

#include <GUIConstants.au3>
#include <file.au3>

GUICreate ("Brain", 300, 400)
$learnButton = GUICtrlCreateButton ("Learn Knowledge", 100, 100)
Global $learnInput = GUICtrlCreateInput ("Help me Learn", 5, 100)
$talkButton = GUICtrlCreateButton ("Talk", 120, 300)
Global $talkInput = guictrlcreateinput ("Test Your Knowledge",5,300,120,50)
Guisetstate (@SW_SHOW)
Global $fileName = "learn.txt"
Global $file = fileopen (@scriptdir & "learn.txt",01)
Global $user = "c-note"
Global $math = "+" & "-" & "x" & "*" & "/"

while 1
    $msg = GuiGetMsg()
    Select
    Case $msg = $GUI_EVENT_CLOSE
        Exit
    case $msg = $learnButton 
        learn()
    Case $msg = $talkButton
        talk()
EndSelect       
WEnd

func learn()
     $learn = guictrlread ($learnInput)
     if $learn = "+" Then
         Return
        ;do math equation or math func..
     Else
     _filewritelog ($fileName, $user & ": start entry" & @CRLF)
    FileWriteLine ($fileName, $learn & @CRLF)
    FileWriteLine ($fileName, $user & ": end entry" & @CRLF )
    EndIf
    EndFunc

func talk()
    $stringToSearch = guictrlread ($talkInput)
    $data = fileread($fileName)
    $dataMatch = stringinstr ($data,$stringToSearch)
    If $dataMatch = True Then
    msgbox (0,"Talk", $stringToSearch & " Found")
Else
    msgbox(0,"no match",$stringToSearch & " Not Found")
EndIf
EndFunc

Just trying to give you ideas...

#include <guiconstants.au3>

GUICreate('Eh', 120, 106)

&#036Ú[]HÕRPÝÜX]R[]
    ÌÎNÉÌÎNËLLL
BÌÍØ]ÛHÕRPG&Ä7&VFT'WGFöâb33´6Æ7VÆFRb33²ÂÂCÂÂ#b¢b33c¶Æ&VÂÒuT7G&ÄÉÑ1° ÌäíͽµÑáÐÌäì°ÄÀ°ÜØ°ÄÀÀ°ÈÀ°ÀÌØíMM}
9QH¤()¥´ÀÌ;array[2][5] = [['+', '-', 'x', '*', '/ÌÎN×KÉÌÎNØY][ÛÌÎNË ÌÎNÜÝXXÝ[ÛÌÎNË ÌÎNÛ][][ÛÌÎNËb33¶×VÇFÆ6Föâb33²Âb33¶Ff6öâb33µÕÐ ¤uT6WE7FFR ¥vÆR b3ÌØíµÍôU%Ñ5Í ¤(%MÝ¥Ñ ÀÌØíµÍ($%
ÍÀÌØíU%}Y9Q}
1=M($$%á¥Ð       Case $button
            $read = GUICtrlRead($input)
            If StringInÝ   ÌÍÜXY    ÌÎNÏIÌÎNÊH[BBBSÙÐÞ
    ÌÎNÉÌÎNË  ÌÎNÖ[Ý[ÝÙ2b33²fײ7G&æuG&ÔÆVgBb33c·&VBÂ7G&ætå7G"b33c·&VBÂb33³Òb3ä줤µÀì1µÀì|($$$$$$ÌäíQ¡½ÉÉйÍÝÈ¥ÌÌäìµÀìáÕÑStringLeft($read, StringInStr($read, '=') - 1)))
            Else
BBBSÙÐÞ
    ÌÎNÉÌÎNË  ÌÎNÕH[ÝÙÈ ÌÎNÈ [È^XÝ]J   ÌÍÜXY
 VæD` VæE7vF6 f÷"b33c¶ÒFò@ b7G&ætå7G"uT7G&Å&VBb3ÌØí¥¹ÁÕФ°ÀÌØíÉÉålÁulÀÌØí¥t¤Q¡¸U%
ÑɱMÑÑ ÀÌØí±°°ÀÌØírray[1][$i])
    Next
WEnd
Edited by xcal

Now say I type in 1 + 1 = 3

I want the $input to be able identify the + symbol and then have the program calculate 1 + 1 to see if it actually = 3 if not give the new correct answer.. But I don't know how to get it to actually identify the "+" symbol then actually take an make it do 1 + 1.

The power of Execute():

While 1
    $Input = InputBox("Formulaic", "Input math expression: ")
    If @error Then Exit
    If StringInStr($Input, "=") Then
        $avSplit = StringSplit($Input, "=")
        If $avSplit[0] = 2 Then
            $Result = Execute($avSplit[1])
            If $Result = $avSplit[2] Then
                MsgBox(64, "Correct", "Yes, " & $avSplit[1] & " does in fact equal " & $avSplit[2] & ".")
            Else
                MsgBox(16, "Incorrect", "No, " & $avSplit[1] & " does not equal " & $avSplit[2] & @CRLF & _
                        "It equals " & $Result & ".")
            EndIf
        Else
            MsgBox(16, "Error", "Input a math expression, i.e. 2 + 3 = 5")
            ContinueLoop
        EndIf
    Else
        MsgBox(16, "Error", "Input a math expression, i.e. 2 + 3 = 5")
        ContinueLoop
    EndIf
WEnd

:rolleyes:

Valuater's AutoIt 1-2-3, Class... Is now in Session!For those who want somebody to write the script for them: RentACoder"Any technology distinguishable from magic is insufficiently advanced." -- Geek's corollary to Clarke's law

Just trying to give you ideas...

c2--><!--I2luY2x1ZGUgJmx0O2d1aWNvbnN0YW50cy5hdTMmZ3Q7CgpHVUlDcmÕ[ÒS^ÕPÖZ^ÍÓÐ^ZÒQ]ÓZÒÐÚVZQLXÒQÔULÔXSVÑÇV4c´5¤×¦³t¦×¤õG74DWtÄ4Ô7vtÕDtÄ4Ô6´´¦×t×¥uåcDsTCu#d¥¥'$9åi]ÁiU(Å!IÙ¥µ%é4Õ
Hey thanks for the info. There is alot here so I'm going to search through it all and really try to understand exactly what's going on. Arrays are a bit more of my trouble area. though I understand them. Parralel arrays (think thats what they are called) throw me off.. where you have the [2][5] but I'm sure It'll make sense to me once I work through it some

Hey thanks for the info. There is alot here so I'm going to search through it all and really try to understand exactly what's going on. Arrays are a bit more of my trouble area. though I understand them. Parralel arrays (think thats what they are called) throw me off.. where you have the [2][5] but I'm sure It'll make sense to me once I work through it some

Nothing mysterious about 2D arrays. Just think of it like a spread sheet: [row][column]. So [2][5] is the third row, sixth column (remembering they are zero-based).

Valuater's AutoIt 1-2-3, Class... Is now in Session!For those who want somebody to write the script for them: RentACoder"Any technology distinguishable from magic is insufficiently advanced." -- Geek's corollary to Clarke's law

once you see something with _ArrayDisplay() its really easy. try this out and i think youl get it more.

#include <File.au3>
#include <array.au3>
Dim $szPath, &#0ÍÜÞ]K    ÌÍÜÞ    ÌÍÜÞ[YK ÌÍÜÞ^ÌÍÜÞ]H ][ÝÐÎ3&Æb3#´&Æ"b3#´&Æ2b3#´&ÆfÆRçFW7BgV÷C°¢b33cµF'&Ò}AÑ¡MÁ±¥Ð ÀÌØíÍéAÑ °ÀÌØíÍéÉ¥Ù°ÀÌØíÍé¥È°ÀÌØíÍé9µ°ÀÌØízExt)
_ArrayDisplay($PathArray)

Hope that clears things up with arrays for you.

Something is wrong with autoit ... /autoit tags. I noticed that when I tried to edit, too.

Anyway, to elaborate on what others are saying... and here's a way to look at it. $array[2][5] means $array[2 columns][5 rows].

______| Array column 0   | Array column 1
Row 0 |        +           |       addition
Row 1 |        -           |       subtraction
Row 2 |        x           |       multiplication
Row 3 |        *           |       multiplication
Row 4 |        /           |       division

When accessing the array, it is zero based, which is why my loop is For 0 To 4.

Edited by xcal

Something is wrong with autoit ... /autoit tags. I noticed that when I tried to edit, too.

Anyway, to elaborate on what others are saying... and here's a way to look at it. $array[2][5] means $array[2 columns][5 rows].

______| Array column 0   | Array column 1
Row 0 |        +           |       addition
Row 1 |        -           |       subtraction
Row 2 |        x           |       multiplication
Row 3 |        *           |       multiplication
Row 4 |        /           |       division

When accessing the array, it is zero based, which is why my loop is For 0 To 4.

Well... almost. If you do an _ArrayDisplay() on your array, you'll see the convention is [row][column], not vice-versa:

#include <array.au3>
Dim $array1[2][5] = [["+", "-", "X", "*", "/"],["Addition", "Subtraction", "Multiplication", "Multiplication", "Division"]]
Dim $array2[5][2] = [["+", "Addition"],["-", "Subtraction"],["X", "Multiplication"],["*", "Multiplication"],["/", "Division"]]
_ArrayDisplay($array1, "Demo: $array1")
_ArrayDisplay($array2, "Demo: $array2")