Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Dethredic

Multi Clipboard

6 posts in this topic

#1 ·  Posted (edited)

This program is fairly easy to understand if your IQ is greater than 75 (I have found many exceptions on these forums).

At the moment this is sorta like a pre release. Feel free to change the hotkeys / number of possible clipboard items.

Due to a problem smashly pointed out, the hotkeys might not be as easy as i hoped.

I plan on later making this script user friendly for non Autoiters (customizable hotkeys etc.)

I also plan to integrate a better info part. Currently thinking of using Manadar's tray tip thingy, just cause it is cool :rolleyes:

Note that this should not affect the normal Ctrl+c function

I welcome any criticism, suggestions, and mostly complements.

Dim $Clip1
Dim $Clip2
Dim $origionaltext

HotKeySet("+^q", "Info")
HotKeySet("+^z", "Clip1")
HotKeySet("+^x", "Clip2")
HotKeySet("+^a", "Paste1")
HotKeySet("+^s", "Paste2")

$origionaltext = ClipGet()
While 1
    Sleep(10)
WEnd

;-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------;

Func Clip1()
    Send("^{INSERT}")
    $Clip1 = ClipGet()
    ClipPut($origionaltext)
EndFunc

Func Clip2()
    Send("^{INSERT}")
    $Clip2 = ClipGet()
    ClipPut($origionaltext)
EndFunc

;-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------;

Func Paste1()
    ClipPut($Clip1)
    Send("^v")
    ClipPut($origionaltext)
EndFunc

Func Paste2()
    ClipPut($Clip2)
    Send("^v")
    ClipPut($origionaltext)
EndFunc

Func Info()
    MsgBox(0, "MutliClipboard - Info",  "Controll+c: " & $origionaltext & @CRLF & "Shift+Controll+z+1: " & $Clip1 & @CRLF & "Shift+Controll+z+2: " & $Clip2)
EndFunc
Edited by Dethredic

"Its not about the 30 inch 1080p display, or the SLI 8800 ultras, or the DDR3 memory. It's about when you turn on your PC, does it return the favor?"Math is like sex. Sure, it may give some practical results, but that is not why we do it

#2 ·  Posted (edited)

Hi, thank you and nice idea.

Sorry but my IQ is below 75 most the time,

What's the error , so ppl will know which error not to post about?

The hotkey combination for:

HotKeySet("+^z1", "Clip1")

HotKeySet("+^z2", "Clip2")

HotKeySet("+^x1", "Paste1")

HotKeySet("+^x2", "Paste2")

Will not work.

Due to when you press 2 non modifier keys then the first key will trip it so the 2nd key is ignored.

As a side note your post is contradictory ,

Starts with shouting don't post about a certain error.

Then ends with 'I welcome any criticism, suggestions, and mostly complements.'

Cheers

Edited by smashly

#3 ·  Posted (edited)

Wow thanks smashly, no wonder i couldn't find the problem

Ya i didn't bother changing my original post after i noticed the error. I just decided to add to the top

Edited by Dethredic

"Its not about the 30 inch 1080p display, or the SLI 8800 ultras, or the DDR3 memory. It's about when you turn on your PC, does it return the favor?"Math is like sex. Sure, it may give some practical results, but that is not why we do it

I was thinking of making something like this when I had time.

The script isn't bad but what about an on-top GUI with checkboxes for what clipboard is active (different clipboards are stored in memory and selected one is real clipboard) Ctrl+c and ctrl+v would still work.

My Programs:AInstall - Create a standalone installer for your programUnit Converter - Converts Length, Area, Volume, Weight, Temperature and Pressure to different unitsBinary Clock - Hours, minutes and seconds have 10 columns each to display timeAutoIt Editor - Code Editor with Syntax Highlighting.Laserix Editor & Player - Create, Edit and Play Laserix LevelsLyric Syncer - Create and use Synchronised Lyrics.Connect 4 - 2 Player Connect 4 Game (Local or Online!, Formatted Chat!!)MD5, SHA-1, SHA-256, Tiger and Whirlpool Hash Finder - Dictionary and Brute Force FindCool Text Client - Create Rendered ImageMy UDF's:GUI Enhance - Enhance your GUIs visually.IDEA File Encryption - Encrypt and decrypt files easily! File Rename - Rename files easilyRC4 Text Encryption - Encrypt text using the RC4 AlgorithmPrime Number - Check if a number is primeString Remove - remove lots of strings at onceProgress Bar - made easySound UDF - Play, Pause, Resume, Seek and Stop.

I was thinking of making something like this when I had time.

The script isn't bad but what about an on-top GUI with checkboxes for what clipboard is active (different clipboards are stored in memory and selected one is real clipboard) Ctrl+c and ctrl+v would still work.

I think RazerM's idea is good. Maybe it would be simpler to just keep to ^c and ^v, and when either of those combinations is pressed bring up a context menu to choose clipboard 1, clipboard 2 etc and you just press 1 or 2 etc. Perhaps a tray menu so you could choose to name each clipboard, and then the menu could be

1. graphics for Alan, 2. word stuff , 3. Excel bits, 4. General

Or maybe just store the last 10 copies, and when ^v is pressed have a little popup menu to choose which one, or ones, to insert.

You could even save the clips so that they were available the next time the PC is turned on.

Serial port communications UDF Includes functions for binary transmission and reception.printing UDF Useful for graphs, forms, labels, reports etc.Add User Call Tips to SciTE for functions in UDFs not included with AutoIt and for your own scripts.Functions with parameters in OnEvent mode and for Hot Keys One function replaces GuiSetOnEvent, GuiCtrlSetOnEvent and HotKeySet.UDF IsConnected2 for notification of status of connected state of many urls or IPs, without slowing the script.

Thanks for the feed back guys. Originally the hotkeys were simpler, but smashly pointed out they wouldn't work. I think i am going to implement both of the above ideas.