Password Decoder?

Guest BlackDiablo110

Guest BlackDiablo110

I literally just registered here. If this is not acceptable post please close it ot something, and please don't be mad. I am just starting with AutoIt and I was wondering a few things.

1) Is there a guide, *Besides the autoit help guide* that will explain in detail how to make scripts?

2) Is it possible, to make a script, for a video game, that trys all the different password combinations?

Thanks for any help you can offer, and again, I am sorry if this is not an acceptable post. I got interested in autoit because I downloaded a program for DiabloII that was really cool and I would like to learn how to make things like that.

Guest BlackDiablo110

I was thinking that to do it you would need to have AutoIt open up the program, and then use x,y coordinates to move the mouse to the actual text box, then write a seperate script to go through all possible number/letter combinations, (If this is possible.)

Guest BlackDiablo110

So there are no user guides out? Kind of like a game guide but for AutoIt? I'm not a retard or anything, I am very good with computers, but this is kind of like stabbing in the dark. Or did everyone here learn autoit from the helpfile? Oo. And thanks for answering, I appreciate it.

if your looking to hack diablo accounts, (just a premonition)

entering an incorrect password over and over will lock the account so that you cant brute force hack it with a cracker.

just thought i would let you know

Valik Note Added 19 October 2006 - 08:38 AMAdded to warn level I just plain don't like you.

Guest BlackDiablo110

Haha, yes that is what I am trying to do. But I was hoping that I could just put a delay in between clicks and that would stop it? Either that, or every 3 tries, restart the diabloII window.

Guest BlackDiablo110

Hrm, welll, I know that there is some way around it, and I will find it! In the meantime, does anyone know how to make it enter every possible number/letter combination in 15 spaces?

1) Is there a guide, *Besides the autoit help guide* that will explain in detail how to make scripts?

There is no guide except the helpfile. And the helpfile is not intended to teach you how to script. If you don't know that already you'll have a hard time. As far as I can see, AutoIt was created to add to batch files or other scripting languages.

2) Is it possible, to make a script, for a video game, that trys all the different password combinations?

Your posts look to me like you've never scripted before. And scripting a game is about one of the hardest possible tasks as most games don't want to be controlled by another program.

To the point with the passwords: I guess you've no experience in this task, too.

Let's do a few assumptions: The password you want to crack is only 7 characters long and only consists of the letters a-z uncapitalized. Then you might have to test up to 8,031,810,176 (=26^7) different passwords. Let's further assume that you can test 10 passwords a second (with a game you'll end up with about 0.5 to 1 passwords a second I guess) this means that you need up to 25.4 years to crack the password. And this didn't even take into account that the game is likely to block more than maybe 3 to 5 attempts in 10 minutes or even simply lock the account after that much tries. Now assume that the password you want to crack is a so-called "good password" which means you not only have to try a-z but also: A-Z, 0-9, !"§$%&/()=?°^+üöäÜÖÄ#*,.-;:_<>| and is at least 8 characters long. This results in 93 possible characters with a total of 5,595,818,096,650,401 (=93^8) different passwords. Again assuming you're able to test 10 passwords a second you only need up to 17 million years. Happy hacking.

Thanks for any help you can offer, and again, I am sorry if this is not an acceptable post. I got interested in autoit because I downloaded a program for DiabloII that was really cool and I would like to learn how to make things like that.

As I mentioned above: AutoIt was not written for game automation and game automation is a very hard task.

I would like to add a thought here. I was actually introduced to this from a friend of mine that uses it in a game he plays. I decided since I am beta testing a game with my partner I would see if he would notice a macro'ing player because I dont want someone macro'ing on our game when we release. He eventually found out.

Anyways... I dont use AutoIt for that any longer. I am coming up with things to automate that I have always wanted to do in the past. I do have programming/scripting background so this is relatively easy for me to pick up. I just need pointers occasionally.

Right now I have 2 different automation tasks I am working on. One being sending myself several ip addresses from remote computers so I can work on my clients with all free software solutions. Instead of paying for PC anywhere or any other program. Also my wife's company has a webpage that they have to go through and click probably about 10-30 links aday and then print what shows up after that. I was thinking I could automate that task and save them a few hours of labor.

Anyways I just wanted to share my thoughts.

Also I know this would be a pain in the arse, I am still going to throw the idea out ther incase someone with more expertise can do it before I can get back to college to finish my programming degree...

AutoIt would go great with a program that could record your moves so you just press a button make the computer do what you want it to, then use autoit to replicate that. I dont know maybe there is something out there already that does that, but I havent seen one to date.

Thanks for listening and reading,

Jarvis

AutoIt Links

File-String Hash Plugin Updated! 04-02-2008 Plugins have been discontinued. I just found out.

ComputerGetInfo UDF's Updated! 11-23-2006

External Links

Vortex Revolutions Engineer / Inventor (Web, Desktop, and Mobile Applications, Hardware Gizmos, Consulting, and more)

there IS something out there like that.. i dont remember what its called though

arent i helpful?

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

LOL t0ddie if you look at the post above it does exactly what I just described. That may come in pretty handy.

How long has AutoIt been around? Anyone?

JS

AutoIt Links

File-String Hash Plugin Updated! 04-02-2008 Plugins have been discontinued. I just found out.

ComputerGetInfo UDF's Updated! 11-23-2006

External Links

Vortex Revolutions Engineer / Inventor (Web, Desktop, and Mobile Applications, Hardware Gizmos, Consulting, and more)

• Jos locked this topic