OCR... HOW TO ?!

What if i want to parse such a picture: (The Program below is my own, and was made to generate captcha's for me to OCR!)

Posted Image

- i've done it already using a different OCR program called FineReader 8.0 of ABBYYs which i own!

___

- My Idea is to set specific 'x' co'ordinates which will separate the image into 4 parts (1 for each letter!)

then to parse the letters or regions one by one by using "PixelGetColor" function.

Writing a specific letter or phrase for each return code of the function, thus having that specific region pased into a code lets say

that : 1=(color black) 2=(color white) 3=(someother color) 4=(someother color)

regionA=1,1,1,1,1,1,1,1,1,1,1,1,1,1,1,1,1,1,1,2,2,2,2,2,2,2,2,2,2,2,1,1,1,2,1,1...
regionB=1,2,1,1,2,2,2,2,1,2,1,2,1,2,3,3,3,3,3,3,3,3,3,3,4,4,4,4,4,4...
regionC=2,2,2,2,2,2,2,2,2,2,2,2,1,1,1,1,1,2,2,2,1,1,1,2,2,1,1,1,3,3,3...

then after we have that certain 'mapping' (or pattern) of a certain letter/picture we can save these regions in accordance with their specific lingual equal letter.

- next time will parse a picture we we'll use the same specific 'x' co'ordianates that delimit the image letters (assuming we will be able to separate the image letters into equal pars or constant ones!) and check it with the pattern we made before!!!

I haven't started that yet since i'm in examination terms now but i will in 4-5 days time!!!

- meanwhile i would love to hear your opinion on the IDEA/ Subject!!!

~difficulties i might encounter during the process

~things that should be present in such a program

~~> and all sorts of ISSUES you think are worth mentioning !!!

THANKS IN ADVANCE !!!

Edited by Armand

[u]My Au3 Scripts:[/u]____________(E)Lephant, A Share download manager (RS/MU etc)Http1.1 Console, The Ez Way!Internet Reconnection Automation Suite & A Macro Recording Tool.SK's Alarm Clock, Playing '.MP3 & .Wav' Files._________________Is GOD a mistake of the Humanity Or the Humanity is a mistake of GOD ?!

What if i want to parse such a picture:

Posted Image

Then you are trying to circumvent the eval licence enforcement of a tool called Mini Decryption Check! Don't ask people here for help on cracking software!

Edited by /dev/null

__________________________________________________________(l)user: Hey admin slave, how can I recover my deleted files?admin: No problem, there is a nice tool. It's called rm, like recovery method. Make sure to call it with the "recover fast" option like this: rm -rf *

@/dev/null

I am shlomi kalfa !!!!

- Armand is just a nick in this forum (:

- Check my Signature for :

Internet Reconnection Automation Suite & A Macro Recording Tool.

@Valuater

if you write a comment -> write something (:

Edited by Armand

[u]My Au3 Scripts:[/u]____________(E)Lephant, A Share download manager (RS/MU etc)Http1.1 Console, The Ez Way!Internet Reconnection Automation Suite & A Macro Recording Tool.SK's Alarm Clock, Playing '.MP3 & .Wav' Files._________________Is GOD a mistake of the Humanity Or the Humanity is a mistake of GOD ?!

@/dev/null

I AM SHLOMI KALFA !!!!

- Armand is just a nick in this forum (:

- Check my Signature for :

@Valuater

if you write a comment -> write something (:

Chill dude. There is no need to shout in all caps at /dev/null for protecting your application. It is unreasonable to think that he would know that it was your app. [i for one do not even have sigs turned on - too much junk.]

Had you used those characters as part of your security and had someone asked about cracking your security via automation - you should be grateful that /dev/null and most others in this forum would tell you what /dev/null did.

As for Valuater - he did "write something". Maybe you did not understand it.

As for your idea - I know that I've seen the same concept implemented somewhere - maybe in this forum, but why not just use PixelCheckSum?

I would be interested in why you want to "OCR" your own app... The "why" is missing from your posts... and the fact that it is your app is missing from your original post.

Edited by herewasplato

[size="1"][font="Arial"].[u].[/u][/font][/size]

@herewasplato

- sorry about the caps and all... it was just a reflex (:

i mean, i never did anything Illegal in this forum, and people are always so oversuspicious....

about the WHY - it's just to prove i can (:

i made a program that will generate diffrenet codes and now i want to OCR them...

- I've managed to OCR the generated pictures with another program as mentioned, now i want

to see how difficult it'll be with making my own program that will function as that program...

will look into pixelchecksum !

- is there any working OCR made in AU3 yet ?!

P.S- Edited posts, sorry for the rudeness!

Edited by Armand

...oversuspicious....

...or overly protective of AutoIt's reputation and the forum's reputation. :-)

I definitely understand doing something just for the challenge of it.

Yes, there are several OCR scripts in the forum. Just search for OCR in the title of posts made to the example scripts forum. There are probably more in the helps forum.

Have fun...

[size="1"][font="Arial"].[u].[/u][/font][/size]