Very Very Basic Script?

Guest BlackDiablo110

Guest BlackDiablo110

What would a very simple script to open up a program in windowed mode look like? I am guessing that there would be a direct way to open it rather than to have the mouse move to its coordinates on the desktop and then literally double click it to open.

Guest BlackDiablo110

One more thing I wanted to add:

Can you make an autoit script, that would open IE, go to a specified website, and then Download a file? Would that be complicated, or not so hard?

What would a very simple script to open up a program in windowed mode look like? I am guessing that there would be a direct way to open it rather than to have the mouse move to its coordinates on the desktop and then literally double click it to open.

WinActivate ( "title" [, "text"] )

Can you make an autoit script, that would open IE, go to a specified website, and then Download a file? Would that be complicated, or not so hard?

URLDownloadToFile("URL", "filename")

See the AutoIt help file. :ph34r:

Kendall

Edited by lte5000

Guest BlackDiablo110

Thanks very much for all of your help. Now I am going to go read the help file and try to make my very first script!!! Don't help me at all, but this is what it's going to do:

Start Notepad, and type out, letter by letter, (with 1 second wait time between each letter) and write out something like "Hi, this is my first script!"

Yey!