Run .au3 from Autocad

Hi

Is there a way to run my AutoIt script from Autocad? I thought perhaps using VBA? (which I am not that familar with)

At the moment I have to go and find the AU3 file, right click on it, then select run from the context menu.

surely there must be someone who has written something to fire it up from autocad?

thanks

Russ

There may be a way to do that, but others in the forum keep one script running on their system all of the time - that script defines a series of hotkeys. Each hotkey causes an action to occur or launches an entire script. Such a script can even watch for window title changes and change the hotkey definitions as desired. i.e. Shift-Alt-d could start a new drawing in ACAD but when MS Word is the active window, those same hotkeys could display a list of Macros and their shortcut keys.

...hope this gives you some ideas...MSP

[size="1"][font="Arial"].[u].[/u][/font][/size]

There may be a way to do that, but others in the forum keep one script running on their system all of the time - that script defines a series of hotkeys. Each hotkey causes an action to occur or launches an entire script. Such a script can even watch for window title changes and change the hotkey definitions as desired. i.e. Shift-Alt-d could start a new drawing in ACAD but when MS Word is the active window, those same hotkeys could display a list of Macros and their shortcut keys.

...hope this gives you some ideas...MSP

Thanks

for the reply, but I am still not really sure how I can write something that will activate the au3 from autocad. Are you suggesting I need to write something in Visual Lisp or Vba to do it? - These 2 languages work within autocad.

Russ

Just in case we are not clear on this point:

AU3 files will still need the AutoIt3.EXE to run them.

You can compile them into an EXE file and run them like most other apps - double click on them or a shortcut to them.

As far as autocad is concerned - I don't know much about that app and I do not see any reason to work with autocad to launch a script. You can use the Windows operating system to launch a script via shortcut keys or by double clicking on an AU3* or EXE file... or you can use one AutoIt script to launch all of your other ones - using hotkeys.

*It depends on how you answered the questions during the AutoIt install. [double click = run or double click = edit]

Have you used AutoIt's HotKeySet function in a script before?

Edited by herewasplato

[size="1"][font="Arial"].[u].[/u][/font][/size]