Hide program name in tray icon

I have written a program which is intended to run all the time and show an icon in the notification area (system tray).

When hovering over the icon I display a tray tip showing such items as IP address, computer name (etc). My users can never find these things.

However, I cannot stop the running program name being shown as a message on the icon. This is allowing a number of my users to stop the program.

This image shows the effect.

post-8606-1182865592_thumb.jpg

I have tried the following code to remove the programme name.

;Options

Opt("TrayMenuMode",1)

Opt("TrayAutoPause", 0)

While 1

WEnd

Can anyone suggest a way round this.

Have You tried #NoTrayIcon (to hide icon in tray) and because its run all the time to use some keystrokes to show message box with those informations, insted of hovering over the visible icon. This way your program will be shown only in process list.

I have written a program which is intended to run all the time and show an icon in the notification area (system tray).

When hovering over the icon I display a tray tip showing such items as IP address, computer name (etc). My users can never find these things.

However, I cannot stop the running program name being shown as a message on the icon. This is allowing a number of my users to stop the program.

This image shows the effect.

post-8606-1182865592_thumb.jpg

I have tried the following code to remove the programme name.

;Options

Opt("TrayMenuMode",1)

Opt("TrayAutoPause", 0)

While 1

WEnd

Can anyone suggest a way round this.

Take a look at "TraySetToolTip" - should be possible to change the running program name to anything you want ...

Take a look at "TraySetToolTip" - should be possible to change the running program name to anything you want ...

Thanks MisterBates

I had been so focussed on using the balloon version 'TrayTip' that I had missed the 'TraySetToolTip' in help.