Systree view

redndahead

• Administrators

Thanks for the update jpm.

Jon-

I know you are really tied up making icons and all  :(

Who me? :ph34r:

but I know you were discussing changing the gui functions what is the status on that and what do you see coming in the future of autoIT.

JP has uploaded a test version of the proposed changes (see the sticky "Gui Changes" thread at the top of the forum. I'm just looking over general reaction to the changes first and thinking about whether or not to remove the simpler but little used modes (like GuiWaitClose). Then over the next few days I'll update the unstable with the changes and see how mental everyone goes when they realize that non of their GUI scripts run anymore. Something like that.

After the core GUI changes are in the unstable version I want to improve the ControlCommand listview functions and tweak the gui stuff. And then there is the todo list....massive....but I'd like a public release quite soon...almost two months since the last one already!

Thanks for the info. I don't think there will be too many people that will go mental. Usually there aren't too many controls in a script, but I could be wrong. It might be even fairly easy to chang an .au3 file with a script =)

But we all should know that if we run off of an unstable version it makes our code unstable as well :ph34r:

red

Thanks JPM and Jon for yours replies. :(

I am really not interested in a specific date, simply some of my AutoIt's projects depend on the changes that are going away to do with the part of GUI. I know the difficult thing when sometimes to dedicate time to programming, but I did it the question by curiosity, because I have some GUI projects. But if Jon, Holger, JPM or any dev. say: "No. This 'thing' will be finished near to 9 months ". There is no problem(absolutely), because I know that it depends on the time of them... and I am very thankful to them by their dedication to GUI's Development... :ph34r:

@Boggs: I believe that it isn't necessary to bother itself by this kind of questions. (and still more if it wishes to be honest).

:lol:

• Administrators

Thanks for the info.  I don't think there will be too many people that will go mental.  Usually there aren't too many controls in a script, but I could be wrong. It might be even fairly easy to chang an .au3 file with a script =) 

But we all should know that if we run off of an unstable version it makes our code unstable as well :ph34r:

red

Apart from the robocopy GUI interface script someone sent me. The source file is 100KB and you have never seen the like. No way will that one get converted by hand... I hope he doesn't mind me showing you a screenshot

Holy crap... :ph34r:

That's a whole lot of controls. My script makes extense usage of the treeview function so hopefully you don't change it after that. Or you might see me cry.

Thanks again for the update.

I am so excited with how I can change my scripts to work better. =)

red