Command line causes flashing box

notta

I know this may be a limitation of Autoit, but is there some method of keeping your main GUI from flashing when you run a compec command? I created a tool to nslookup multiple machine on my network, but the main GUI is flashing like crazy.

RunWait(@ComSpec & " /C nslookup " & $aRecords[$k] & $domext & " |find ""Address:""" & " > " & $tmpdir & $tmpfile,"",2)

I imagine the command window is flashing in front of the GUI. Is there some way to send the comspec to the background? Thanks.

Check the helpfile for WinSetState and @SW_HIDE. I have used that to hide command windows before.

Support bacteria; it's the only culture most people have.LxP's Learning to Script with AutoIt 3 - Excellent starting placeVolly's Links Page - Links to cool and useful scriptsAutoIt Wrappers - Valuater's AutoIt Wrappers post. Lots of good stuff.Support AutoIt - Make a donation here; I did.[size="2"]#include <Guinness.pint>[/size]

Actually the command window is hidden with the command above, but the main GUI windows loses focus on every cycle through the loop to nslookup each machine. While this is running you can't even open the start menu without it being interrupted. Not really problem when you are using it to lookup 10 machines, but when doing a 1000 it gets annoying :rolleyes: