Automated Installations with a static title!

Hey all,

so here we have it, I'm trying to automate installing adobe acrobat standard and the Text in the titlebar never changes from "Adobe Acrobat 7.0 Standard - Setup" annoying..

Of course I can aproximate the timings of most of the windows and prompts, but not the last one, because it's a lenghty install and is dependant on memory/cpu speed, etc. So my question is, is there a way to determine if a certain button has appeared on a window, in this case it would be "Finish". If I can detect when the finish button appears then I know it's done.

Thank You! :rolleyes:

So my question is, is there a way to determine if a certain button has appeared on a window, in this case it would be "Finish". If I can detect when the finish button appears then I know it's done.

Does the button show up under Au3Info.exe? If so you can watch for the button, test to be sure its text is "&Finish" (or whatever), that it's enabled, and then hit it.

:rolleyes:

Valuater's AutoIt 1-2-3, Class... Is now in Session!For those who want somebody to write the script for them: RentACoder"Any technology distinguishable from magic is insufficiently advanced." -- Geek's corollary to Clarke's law

*coughcoughAu3Info.execoughcough...COUGHCOUGH (no really, had sumthin in my throat)* umm.. you click on the unactivated "Finish" button while the info Window is open. then keep your mouse button there. When its activated, sumthing will change in the window. See if that helps :rolleyes:

-I3unz

Monkeh.

*coughcoughAu3Info.execoughcough...COUGHCOUGH (no really, had sumthin in my throat)* umm.. you click on the unactivated "Finish" button while the info Window is open. then keep your mouse button there. When its activated, sumthing will change in the window. See if that helps :rolleyes:

-I3unz

how do you watch for the button?

he may be needing a while loop to look for or what for that button to show also

8)

Edited by Valuater

NEWHeader1.png

did you even look at the post above???

8)

haha i was posting my reply while you were posting yours so i didnt see it.. that link does help me a lot! thanks.. as for the other guy, YES i am always using au3info, but just because im using it doesnt mean that i know what command to use to detect a button.. but looking at the other link it seems i dont need to do that, i can look for the other text in the window.. which is just as good..

thanks guys :rolleyes:

Yes it does show "&Finish" but that's exactly what I'm asking, how do you watch for the button?

I would While/WEnd loop ControlGetText() on it until I get "&Finish" back for the text AND it's enabled (use ControlCommand() with "IsEnabled").

:rolleyes:

Valuater's AutoIt 1-2-3, Class... Is now in Session!For those who want somebody to write the script for them: RentACoder"Any technology distinguishable from magic is insufficiently advanced." -- Geek's corollary to Clarke's law