Open IE then go to favourite page

Can someone show how I can open Internet explorer v6 then go to the "Favourites"pull down and open a particular web page?

I am green at Autoit scripting, so I might be asking dumb questions!

I want to add some more automation later but this will do for now

Thanks Russ

Check out the _IE* functions in the help file. Most notably _IECreate and _IENavigate.

IE Dev ToolbarMSDN: InternetExplorer ObjectMSDN: HTML/DHTML Reference Guide[quote]It is surprising what a man can do when he has to, and how little most men will do when they don't have to. - Walter Linn[/quote]--------------------[font="Franklin Gothic Medium"]Post a reproducer with less than 100 lines of code.[/font]

Check out the _IE* functions in the help file. Most notably _IECreate and _IENavigate.

Mike thanks for the super fast reply. Next question: the web page brings up two edit boxes to be filled in. How do I automatically fill in these boxes and press okay when done? I guess there are also examples in the help file to do this, but which one(s)?

Russ

That gets a bit trickier. You can use _IEFrameGet*, _IEFormGet*, and _IEFormElementGet* in conjunction, or if it's easier and applicable, you can always use mouse clicks. If you go the IE function route, you'll need to examine the page HTML to get some necessary info. If you're having trouble with it, post the page source or the url, and we'll take another step.

IE Dev ToolbarMSDN: InternetExplorer ObjectMSDN: HTML/DHTML Reference Guide[quote]It is surprising what a man can do when he has to, and how little most men will do when they don't have to. - Walter Linn[/quote]--------------------[font="Franklin Gothic Medium"]Post a reproducer with less than 100 lines of code.[/font]

That gets a bit trickier. You can use _IEFrameGet*, _IEFormGet*, and _IEFormElementGet* in conjunction, or if it's easier and applicable, you can always use mouse clicks. If you go the IE function route, you'll need to examine the page HTML to get some necessary info. If you're having trouble with it, post the page source or the url, and we'll take another step.

I am a little lost how to fill in the edit boxes. The web page address is:

http://aptc1.urscorp.com/tc4/dhtml//

I am not sure what you mean when you say mouse clicks?

thanks

Russ

Search for AU3recorder within your innstalled files from autoit. You can record mousemovements and other actions like fill out forms etc.

[font="Courier New"][center]Me vs. 127.0.0.1 =>> 0:2But I never give up! >:-][/center][/font]

try this:
ShellExecute("http://aptc1.urscorp.com/tc4/dhtml//")
WinWait("Deltek Time Collection Login")
WinActivate("Deltek Time Collection Login")
WinWaitActive("Deltek Time Collection Login")
Send("blah") ;userid
Send("{TAB}")
Send("blah") ;psw
Send("{TAB}")
Send("{ENTER}")

Sorry, playing with the new toy... :rolleyes:

Valuater's AutoIt 1-2-3, Class... Is now in Session!For those who want somebody to write the script for them: RentACoder"Any technology distinguishable from magic is insufficiently advanced." -- Geek's corollary to Clarke's law

• Moderators

No need to click the image...

#include <IE.au3>

$sURL = "http://aptc1.urscorp.com/tc4/dhtml"
$sUserID = "UserID"
$sPassword = "Password"

$oIE = _IECreate($sURL)
$oForm = _IEFormGetObjByName($oIE, "login")
$oUserID = _IEFormElementGetObjByName($oForm, "emplid")
$oPassword = _IEFormElementGetObjByName($oForm, "pass")

_IEFormElementSetValue($oUserID, $sUserID)
_IEFormElementSetValue($oPassword, $sPassword)

_IEFormSubmit($oForm)

No need to click the image...

#include <IE.au3>

$sURL = "http://aptc1.urscorp.com/tc4/dhtml"
$sUserID = "UserID"
$sPassword = "Password"

$oIE = _IECreate($sURL)
$oForm = _IEFormGetObjByName($oIE, "login")
$oUserID = _IEFormElementGetObjByName($oForm, "emplid")
$oPassword = _IEFormElementGetObjByName($oForm, "pass")

_IEFormElementSetValue($oUserID, $sUserID)
_IEFormElementSetValue($oPassword, $sPassword)

_IEFormSubmit($oForm)

Big Daddy hey thanks yeah thats awesome!

I will need to study it to understand what it all means.

One small problem is that it just does not accept my password (the login in works)

I get a message headed "Windows internet explorer" with the message "Invalid login Attempt"

I have tried using Sleep(2000) just before $sPassword =

This does not seem to work.

Any ideas ?

thanks

Russ

Big Daddy hey thanks yeah thats awesome!

I will need to study it to understand what it all means.

One small problem is that it just does not accept my password (the login in works)

I get a message headed "Windows internet explorer" with the message "Invalid login Attempt"

I have tried using Sleep(2000) just before $sPassword =

This does not seem to work.

Any ideas ?

thanks

Russ

Did you try my version? The only difference is the image click, which runs the attached Javascripts in the page. I don't think big_Daddy's method with FormSubmit runs those scripts.

:rolleyes:

Valuater's AutoIt 1-2-3, Class... Is now in Session!For those who want somebody to write the script for them: RentACoder"Any technology distinguishable from magic is insufficiently advanced." -- Geek's corollary to Clarke's law

Did you try my version? The only difference is the image click, which runs the attached Javascripts in the page. I don't think big_Daddy's method with FormSubmit runs those scripts.

Yes I just have tried your code and yes it works! Brilliant! Many thanks for your time and help

:-)

Russ

• Moderators

Good catch, that page had some strange jscript going on there.

Good catch, that page had some strange jscript going on there.

Thanks. :rambo:

I recently decided I had to figure out Dale's IE UDF, so I've been trying to follow every _IE* post on the support fourum for about a week. That's one of the first ones that made sense to me. I must be learning! :rolleyes:

While I have your attention, could you take a look when you have some spare time at something I don't understand about _IETableWriteToArray(). Came across it _here_ and _here_.

Cheers!

:x