Running Scripts on a remote machine...Possible?

Guest jano bermudes

Guest jano bermudes

Hi There,

I think AutoIt could be very useful in our organisation except for one limitation. I hope there is a way over....

At present we use a system of batch and VBS scripts deployed out to remote servers to deploy website packages. These scripts are downloaded over ssh and executed with the administrators credentials which works fine.

I've deployed an AutoIT script which works fine when executed while logged on to a machine but it just hangs and doesnt even fire up the .exe??

Any help, any way I can force it to run in the background or somehow call the forground?

Any help appreciated.

Jano

If you're not logged on or the screen is locked, you cannot use severall commands. I guess you're having a command like WinWaitActive in your script. But since the logon window will always be the active one, the window you're waiting for will never be active. You also are restricted in the commands you can use. E.g. Send will not work, ControlSend will work but might have problems with some characters, ...

Make sure that your script is started in desktop interactive mode, or you cannot use Win* or Control* commands at all.

Edited by sugi

Guest jano bermudes

Thanks Sugi,

Your right and reading some similar cases I guess send is out and control send is the way to go. This means I have to find out what each control is first with the spy tool right?

Not sure what you mean by make sure script is started in interactive mode? Remote session is started using plink.exe.

Not sure what you mean by make sure script is started in interactive mode?  Remote session is started using plink.exe.

I have no idea how plink starts a program. But when there's a service involved, you can change the options of the service to allow interaction with the desktop. If that's disabled, it's not possible to control other programs with Control* or Win* commands.