System Restart Window may or may not appear

Hi,

Sorry if this has been dealt with before, I have had a look around the forum but cannot find an answer to my problem.

I have autoit scripted to install an application that usually pops up a window with Yes and No buttons to reboot the system. I have discovered some PC's that do not pop up this window at the end of the install (probably because they already have some required components, installed).

I 'WinWAitActive' (WinWaitActive("App Name - Installation Wizard", "You must restart your system")) for the reboot window to appear therefore, my script is wrong to wait if this window is never to appear on certain PC's!

Is there a way to cater for this?

Any help much appreciated.

ME :rolleyes:

Would checking for the window for a given amount of time work? If so, try this after your install is complete.

$start = TimerInit()
$timer = TimerDiff($start)

While $timer < 120000           ;Check for a maximum of 2 minutes
    If WinExists(("App Name - Installation Wizard", "You must restart your system") Then DoSomething()
    sleep(100)
    $timer = TimerDiff($start)
WEnd
IE Dev ToolbarMSDN: InternetExplorer ObjectMSDN: HTML/DHTML Reference Guide[quote]It is surprising what a man can do when he has to, and how little most men will do when they don't have to. - Walter Linn[/quote]--------------------[font="Franklin Gothic Medium"]Post a reproducer with less than 100 lines of code.[/font]

Sounds like a task for Adlib perhaps.

; Add this Adlib in the script where the window may popup. Function "_UnExpectedEvent" will be called every 250ms.
AdlibEnable('_UnExpectedEvent')

; You can disable the Adlib later in the script by using this.
AdlibDisable()

; And place this function at the bottom of your script out of the way.
Func _UnExpectedEvent()
    If WinExists("App Name - Installation Wizard", "You must restart your system") Then
        WinWait("App Name - Installation Wizard", "You must restart your system")
        WinActivate("App Name - Installation Wizard", "You must restart your system")
        WinWaitActive("App Name - Installation Wizard", "You must restart your system")
        ; do whatever else needed and then return to body of script
    EndIf
EndFunc

:rolleyes: