Work in window question

shoe7ess

I've been looking for a way to make my auto it scripts work in specific windows so the user can do other stuff while the script is running in another window. It's prolly and easy answer, but I can't seem to find out how anywhere. I was hoping you people may be able to answer this question for me.

Hi,

I don't understand what u want to do.

Perhaps give an example ?

Andre

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Alright, I created a bot for a computer game. I would like the bot (which is a series of mouseclicks, etc.) to run in the computer game window (minimized) while I do other stuff on my computer. Is this possible?

hi,

Perhaps you can make an test script that sends keys to an minimized notepadĀ 

window

Andre

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Absolutely pointless. The original poster said "game". When you see the word "game", all normal rules and conventions for automating windows (Either the generic term or the OS) go out the window because games define the rules as they go along.

Edit: Just to clarify, although it might be a good learning experience to do what you suggest, the knowledge gained will not carry over into what the original poster wants to do because of what I said above.

Edited by Valik

Guest BlackDiablo110

Sho7less, go to www.blizzhackers.com (where I'm sure you've already been), and download Rishodi's Pindle Bot. He uses AutoIt, and states in the readme, clearly, that this program will not work while minimized, therefore, that leads me to believe that since AutoIt literally moves the mouse back and fourth across the screen, that if you minimize it, then it will surely stop working. Just thought I would put that out there. Also, if you have ever seen JHJ's Pindle Bot, his CAN be minimized, but I"m not sure which program he used to make it, but I know that he used Visual Basics for the Config. menu.