Hold Key Down

My script here is supposed to hold space down until the selected pixel becomes a certain color... however, it only presses the space key ONCE... I put msgboxes in there to do testing, the msgboxes tell me the information is still the same, yet it STILL only hit space once!

You can remove the msgboxes, but it still yeilds the same result =(

HotKeySet("{END}","sent")
HotKeySet("{HOME}","set")
$pos = -1
$pix = -1
Sleep(2000)
SplashOff()
While 1
    Sleep(1000)
WEnd
Func sent()
    If $pix <> -1 Then
        Send("{SPACE DOWN}")
        While 1
            If PixelGetColor($pos[0],$pos[1]) = $pix Then
                MsgBox(0,"",$pos[0]&" "&$pos[1]&" "&$pix)
                Send("{SPACE UP}")
                ExitLoop
            EndIf
        WEnd
    EndIf
EndFunc
Func set()
    $pos = MouseGetPos()
    $pix = PixelGetColor($pos[0],$pos[1])
EndFunc
Edited by MethodZero

[center]"When you look at old, classic games like Snake, you often put it off because it's such a simple game, but it's only when you actually try and create your own unique game from scratch, do you finally appreciate those games."[/center][center]Don't ask for answers if you haven't TRIED yet![/center][center]Most answers can be answered in the help file! Use it![/center]

You could have it repeatedly send SPACE, like below. I'm not sure why your code isn't working, it looks alright at a quick glance.

Func sent()
    If $pix <> -1 Then
        While 1
            Send("{SPACE}")
                ExitLoop
            EndIf
        WEnd
    EndIf
EndFunc
Edited by mikehunt114
IE Dev ToolbarMSDN: InternetExplorer ObjectMSDN: HTML/DHTML Reference Guide[quote]It is surprising what a man can do when he has to, and how little most men will do when they don't have to. - Walter Linn[/quote]--------------------[font="Franklin Gothic Medium"]Post a reproducer with less than 100 lines of code.[/font]

Well, okay I just tried this, however, it wont work in-game because you have to hold the key down to move the power meter, have you ever played Gunbound?

Anyway,

MsgBox(0,"",PixelGetColor($pos[0],$pos[1])&" "&$pix)

Now, I put that before

And it is working as it should, however it STILL only presses it once XD

[center]"When you look at old, classic games like Snake, you often put it off because it's such a simple game, but it's only when you actually try and create your own unique game from scratch, do you finally appreciate those games."[/center][center]Don't ask for answers if you haven't TRIED yet![/center][center]Most answers can be answered in the help file! Use it![/center]

If you're looking to hold space until the color changes, I think maybe you need this instead of your current if statement:

If PixelGetColor($pos[0],$pos[1]) <> $pix Then
IE Dev ToolbarMSDN: InternetExplorer ObjectMSDN: HTML/DHTML Reference Guide[quote]It is surprising what a man can do when he has to, and how little most men will do when they don't have to. - Walter Linn[/quote]--------------------[font="Franklin Gothic Medium"]Post a reproducer with less than 100 lines of code.[/font]

Well, no, see, PRESSING HOME will set what $pix is, then, pressing END will hold SPACE untill the pixel is equal to $pix again (because the bar is resets every time)

Your script is probably seeing the color at the position before anything happens after you press space (I'm assuming after you hit space the color at the position you reecorded changes). So just add an appriopriate sleep in between hitting space and checking for the color.