display folder contents within gui

• Moderators

This may be a dumb question but is there any way to either display a list of folders within a gui and open any item within those folders?

I can't resist... the answer is "yes" :rolleyes: .

Common sense plays a role in the basics of understanding AutoIt... If you're lacking in that, do us all a favor, and step away from the computer.

Hi,

Here's a starting example for 1 folder; see the include files, and Helpfiles for details? ("Explorer" in my links for further folders etc?)

;FileArraySelect.au3
#include<file.au3>
#include<array.au3>;;Select  a file, Click "Text Selected " Button
_ArrayDisplay(_FileListToArray(@ScriptDir, "*.txt", 1)); GUI ;Click "Close" Button
local $ar_ClipName = StringSplit(ClipGet(), "|"),$s_fileName=StringTrimRight(@ScriptDir & "\" & $ar_ClipName[2] ,1)
ShellExecute($s_fileName, "", @ScriptDir, "edit")
Randall Edited by randallc

thank you for your help, I have gotten that far actually, what my problem is I don't see a way to open the files within my gui, without hard coding each file. I need it to list the file in a particular folder then open that file, just as it would if I were viewing the file in explorer

thank you for your help, I have gotten that far actually, what my problem is I don't see a way to open the files within my gui, without hard coding each file. I need it to list the file in a particular folder then open that file, just as it would if I were viewing the file in explorer

Hi,

1. What do you mean by "I have gotten that far"? - can you show me where you are up to (ie current working script), and

2. explain better what you mean?

3. Does not even my example, (or a modification so you don't need to exit the GUI for the answer!) give you a "soft/ dynamic-coded " answer still?

4. Are you saying you still have a problem, or what I have shown you, plus modification, will be what you want?

5. Did you include in the information I gave, looking at the link from Holger as described above?

6. is that [Holger] type of Explorer what you need to modify?

7. Where are you up to and what help do you you still need?

8. I am not sure if you even got my script to run and open a file after selecting one in "ArrayDisplay" - do you realise it does that?

Thanks, Randall

Edited by randallc

I think he meant that there will be a Gui, and in this gui will be somthing like tree view, and be able to expand any folder with files that in that folder....

But, mattfaust, my self and randallc can not geus (we can only try :rambo: ), please explain in details what exactly do you need... look the randallc's post, he wrote a lot more then you, and you need this (i gues), not him :rolleyes: - we only trying to help.

Spoiler

Using OS: Win 7 Professional, Using AutoIt Ver(s): 3.3.6.1 / 3.3.8.1

AutoIt_Rus_Community.png AutoIt Russian Community

My Work...

Spoiler

AutoIt_Icon_small.pngProjects: ATT - Application Translate Tool {new}| BlockIt - Block files & folders {new}| SIP - Selected Image Preview {new}| SISCABMAN - SciTE Abbreviations Manager {new}| AutoIt Path Switcher | AutoIt Menu for Opera! | YouTube Download Center! | Desktop Icons Restorator | Math Tasks | KeyBoard & Mouse Cleaner | CaptureIt - Capture Images Utility | CheckFileSize Program

AutoIt_Icon_small.pngUDFs: OnAutoItErrorRegister - Handle AutoIt critical errors {new}| AutoIt Syntax Highlight {new}| Opera Library! | Winamp Library | GetFolderToMenu | Custom_InputBox()! | _FileRun UDF | _CheckInput() UDF | _GUIInputSetOnlyNumbers() UDF | _FileGetValidName() UDF | _GUICtrlCreateRadioCBox UDF | _GuiCreateGrid() | _PathSplitByRegExp() | _GUICtrlListView_MoveItems - UDF | GUICtrlSetOnHover_UDF! | _ControlTab UDF! | _MouseSetOnEvent() UDF! | _ProcessListEx - UDF | GUICtrl_SetResizing - UDF! | Mod. for _IniString UDFs | _StringStripChars UDF | _ColorIsDarkShade UDF | _ColorConvertValue UDF | _GUICtrlTab_CoverBackground | CUI_App_UDF | _IncludeScripts UDF | _AutoIt3ExecuteCode | _DragList UDF | Mod. for _ListView_Progress | _ListView_SysLink | _GenerateRandomNumbers | _BlockInputEx | _IsPressedEx | OnAutoItExit Handler | _GUICtrlCreateTFLabel UDF | WinControlSetEvent UDF | Mod. for _DirGetSizeEx UDF

AutoIt_Icon_small.pngExamples: 
ScreenSaver Demo - Matrix included | Gui Drag Without pause the script | _WinAttach()! | Turn Off/On Monitor | ComboBox Handler Example | Mod. for "Thinking Box" | Cool "About" Box | TasksBar Imitation Demo

Like the Projects/UDFs/Examples? Please rate the topic (up-right corner of the post header: Rating AutoIt_Rating.gif)

* === My topics === *

==================================================
My_Userbar.gif
==================================================

AutoIt is simple, subtle, elegant. © AutoIt Team