Live Learning and teaching AutoIt .....

Hi,

I am new to Auto It, but can see its benefits.

As I am not a scripter in any way whatsoever, is it posible to teach AutoIt by actually carrying out the tasks you want to repeat while its in a Record mode ?

A bit like recording macro's in Excel.

Thanks, Simon.

Hi,

As I am not a scripter in any way whatsoever, is it posible to teach AutoIt by actually carrying out the tasks you want to repeat while its in a Record mode ?

Thanks, Simon.

Yes, Au3recorder does that.

Serial port communications UDF Includes functions for binary transmission and reception.printing UDF Useful for graphs, forms, labels, reports etc.Add User Call Tips to SciTE for functions in UDFs not included with AutoIt and for your own scripts.Functions with parameters in OnEvent mode and for Hot Keys One function replaces GuiSetOnEvent, GuiCtrlSetOnEvent and HotKeySet.UDF IsConnected2 for notification of status of connected state of many urls or IPs, without slowing the script.

Hi,

Thanks, Simon.

If you have installed SciTE, use this:

1. Run it

2. Open the script you want.

3. Go to Toolz > AU3Record

OR

3. Go to Toolz > AutoItMacroGenerator.

PS. it is not Auto It but AutoIt :rolleyes:

I can do signature me.

I opened

SciTE4AutoIt3

Version 1.71

I clicked on Tools and could not see any options like 'Recorder' etc?

Where is it?

Alos, how do you establish the executable of an application, I have Adobe Pro 6 and trying to find the *.exe of it ?

Thanks, Simon.

Edited by simonwar

• Developers

I opened

SciTE4AutoIt3

Version 1.71

Where is it?

Thanks, Simon.

Also, I used the AutoIt Window Info box as recommended during the tutorials so as to COPY and PASTE windo Titles etc. the only thing is as I move to the Window to Ctrl-C, like it says in the tutorial, the Window info changes..... fairly obvious really, so I assume there must be a "freeze details" option?

You need to install the "Full" SciTE4AutoIt3 version available on the download pages..

SciTE4AutoIt3 Full installer Download page   - Beta files       Read before posting     How to post scriptsource   Forum etiquette  Forum Rules 

Live for the present,
Dream of the future,
Learn from the past.
  :)

I opened

SciTE4AutoIt3

Version 1.71

Where is it?

Also, I used the AutoIt Window Info box as recommended during the tutorials so as to COPY and PASTE window Titles etc. the only thing is as I move to the Window to Ctrl-C, like it says in the tutorial, the Window info changes..... fairly obvious really, so I assume there must be a "freeze details" option?

Thanks, Simon.

I think you need to have a file open in Scite which has an extension of au3, and then the tools menu will have the Au3recorder option.

Serial port communications UDF Includes functions for binary transmission and reception.printing UDF Useful for graphs, forms, labels, reports etc.Add User Call Tips to SciTE for functions in UDFs not included with AutoIt and for your own scripts.Functions with parameters in OnEvent mode and for Hot Keys One function replaces GuiSetOnEvent, GuiCtrlSetOnEvent and HotKeySet.UDF IsConnected2 for notification of status of connected state of many urls or IPs, without slowing the script.

I think you need to have a file open in Scite which has an extension of au3, and then the tools menu will have the Au3recorder option.

yes , you cant run a script or run a tool of scite if its not saved in .au3

Also, I used the AutoIt Window Info box as recommended during the tutorials so as to COPY and PASTE window Titles etc. the only thing is as I move to the Window to Ctrl-C, like it says in the tutorial, the Window info changes..... fairly obvious really, so I assume there must be a "freeze details" option?

press CTRL+ALT+F to freeze the details of the window you have selected with Au3Info, so that they wont change

yes , you cant run a script or run a tool of scite if its not saved in .au3

press CTRL+ALT+F to freeze the details of the window you have selected with Au3Info, so that they wont change

Or use the menu Options|Freeze in case you find that CTRL+ALT+F doesn't work as I find on my PC.

Thanks all.

I am playing with the record function and its looking good, however can you help me clarify a few points and maybe recommend a better way.

I notice, if I understand it correctly, that if I record and use my mouse to initiate actions, any movement of screen positions between Re-runs need to have everything in exactly the same position, else the mouse moves to a point and clicks in space?

Is this true and therefore are keyboard strokes a tighter method when recording.

What do you think, Simon?

Thanks all.

I am playing with the record function and its looking good, however can you help me clarify a few points and maybe recommend a better way.

I notice, if I understand it correctly, that if I record and use my mouse to initiate actions, any movement of screen positions between Re-runs need to have everything in exactly the same position, else the mouse moves to a point and clicks in space?

Is this true and therefore are keyboard strokes a tighter method when recording.

What do you think, Simon?

What you state is both true.

There are ways to keep screen positions of button on the same part of your screen. Such as maximizing the window, or making sure you are scrolled all the way up in Internet Explorer.

Keyboard strokes are a more effective way when recording, as screen position has nothing to do with the keyboard stroke. As long as everything is relative to each other.

What a professional would do, is manipulate Windows through the so called Control* functions. And manipulate Internet Explorer using the IE library.

Hope that is clear for you,

Manadar.

I have gone down this road, keystrokes and it all works great.

However how can I loop all of the code I have.

A continuous loop will be OK.

What I am doing now is clicking "Run Script", everytime I do a run, the clicking it again then again then again.....etc.

Is there a simple way of saying go back to the start and do it all again.

Thanks, Simon.

Here is the code I am using.

#region --- ScriptWriter generated code Start --- 
Opt("WinWaitDelay",100)
Opt("WinTitleMatchMode",4)
Opt("WinDetectHiddenText",1)
Opt("MouseCoordMode",0)
WinWait("Microsoft Excel - poduct passwords AutoScript","")
If Not WinActive("Microsoft Excel - poduct passwords AutoScript","") Then WinActivate("Microsoft Excel - poduct passwords AutoScript","")
WinWaitActive("Microsoft Excel - poduct passwords AutoScript","")
MouseMove(317,18)
MouseDown("left")
MouseUp("left")
Send("{CTRLDOWN}c{CTRLUP}")
WinWait("Adobe Acrobat Professional","")
If Not WinActive("Adobe Acrobat Professional","") Then WinActivate("Adobe Acrobat Professional","")
WinWaitActive("Adobe Acrobat Professional","")
MouseMove(288,12)
MouseDown("left")
MouseUp("left")
Send("{CTRLDOWN}o{CTRLUP}")
WinWait("Open","")
If Not WinActive("Open","") Then WinActivate("Open","")
WinWaitActive("Open","")
Send("{CTRLDOWN}v{CTRLUP}{ENTER}")
If Not WinActive("Microsoft Excel - poduct passwords AutoScript","") Then WinActivate("Microsoft Excel - poduct passwords AutoScript","")
MouseMove(447,19)
MouseDown("left")
MouseUp("left")
Send("{ESC}{RIGHT}{CTRLDOWN}c{CTRLUP}")
If Not WinActive("Adobe Acrobat Professional","") Then WinActivate("Adobe Acrobat Professional","")
MouseMove(250,15)
MouseDown("left")
MouseUp("left")
MouseMove(204,95)
MouseDown("left")
MouseUp("left")
MouseMove(204,118)
MouseDown("left")
MouseUp("left")
WinWait("Password Security - Settings","")
If Not WinActive("Password Security - Settings","") Then WinActivate("Password Security - Settings","")
WinWaitActive("Password Security - Settings","")
MouseMove(38,105)
MouseDown("left")
MouseUp("left")
WinWait("Adobe Acrobat - Confirm Open Document Password","")
If Not WinActive("Adobe Acrobat - Confirm Open Document Password","") Then WinActivate("Adobe Acrobat - Confirm Open Document Password","")
WinWaitActive("Adobe Acrobat - Confirm Open Document Password","")
MouseMove(328,13)
MouseDown("left")
MouseUp("left")
Send("{ESC}{RIGHT}{CTRLDOWN}c{CTRLUP}")
MouseMove(257,8)
MouseDown("left")
MouseUp("left")
MouseMove(203,96)
MouseDown("left")
MouseUp("left")
MouseMove(209,123)
MouseDown("left")
MouseUp("left")
WinWait("Password Security - Settings","")
If Not WinActive("Password Security - Settings","") Then WinActivate("Password Security - Settings","")
WinWaitActive("Password Security - Settings","")
MouseMove(55,214)
MouseDown("left")
MouseUp("left")
Send("{CTRLDOWN}v{CTRLUP}")
MouseMove(509,271)
MouseDown("left")
MouseUp("left")
MouseMove(365,322)
MouseDown("left")
MouseUp("left")
MouseMove(73,360)
MouseDown("left")
MouseUp("left")
Send("{ENTER}")
WinWait("Adobe Acrobat - Confirm Permissions Password","")
If Not WinActive("Adobe Acrobat - Confirm Permissions Password","") Then WinActivate("Adobe Acrobat - Confirm Permissions Password","")
WinWaitActive("Adobe Acrobat - Confirm Permissions Password","")
MouseMove(23,42)
MouseDown("left")
MouseUp("left")
MouseMove(73,159)
MouseDown("left")
MouseUp("left")
WinWait("Adobe Acrobat","")
If Not WinActive("Adobe Acrobat","") Then WinActivate("Adobe Acrobat","")
WinWaitActive("Adobe Acrobat","")
MouseMove(250,153)
MouseDown("left")
MouseUp("left")
MouseMove(340,11)
MouseDown("left")
MouseUp("left")
Send("{ESC}{LEFT}{LEFT}{DOWN}")
#endregion --- ScriptWriter generated code End --- 

#cs ----------------------------------------------------------------------------

AutoIt Version: 3.2.4.9
 Author:         myName

Script Function:
    Template AutoIt script.

#ce ----------------------------------------------------------------------------

; Script Start - Add your code below here