Ad-Aware 2007 Automation?

I was going to try to automate Ad-Aware 2007... but then I found out it is much harder than I thought. :rolleyes: Is it even possible? There is no Visible or Hidden text in the windows. Are there anymore tricks we can use?

I was going to try to automate Ad-Aware 2007... but then I found out it is much harder than I thought. :rolleyes: Is it even possible? There is no Visible or Hidden text in the windows. Are there anymore tricks we can use?

What are you trying to automate it to do?

Adaware SE 6 required that you own the PLUS version for some command line options. The same goes for 2007, is this the version you are using?

Directly from the Adaware 2007 help file:

Ad-Aware 2007 can be operated without using the graphical user interface (GUI). It can be controlled by using command line parameters. UNC paths are supported.

Example:

>Ad-Aware2007.exe /Smart /Silent /Cookies

Ad-Aware will run in the background (without the GUI) and perform a Smart Scan with cookie scan turned on.

Scanning Parameters

/Full

Performs a Full Scan. If set, this parameter will override all other scanning parameters, except the optional Full Scan settings: /Cookie /ADS and /MRU.

/Smart

Performs a Smart Scan. If set, this parameter will override all other scan parameters except the optional Smart Scan settings: /Cookie /ADS and /MRU, and /Full, which takes precedence over /Smart.

/Processes

Scans all active processes.

/Reg

Scans the registry.

/RegPE

Scans registry executables.

/Hosts

Scans the Hosts file.

/exe

Scans only executable files.

/zip

Scans archives

/deepzip

Deep-scans archives.

/Spanned

Scans spanned files.

/ukpds

Unloads all malicious programs. The /process option has to be set for this option to have effect.

/PBH

Scans for possible browser hijacks.

/LSP

Scans Layered Service Providers.

/Path [filepath]

Sets a folder to be scanned. If you want to scan more than one folder, you will have to use this parameter for each folder.

Usage: /Path C:\Windows\ /Path C:\Program Files\

/Cookies

Scans Tracking Cookies.

/ADS

Scans Alternate Data Streams.

/MRU

Scans Most Recently Used (MRU) lists.

Other Scanning Options

/FileSize [0]

Sets the maximum size of the files to be scanned in kilobytes. If it is not set, it will default to 0 (i.e. all files will be scanned).

Usage: /FileSize 4000

/ScanTAI [1-10]

Sets the lowest TAI to scan for. If not set, TAI 3 will be used.

Usage: /ScanTAI 5

Cleaning

/Clean

Detected malware will be cleaned.

/CleanTAI [1-10]

Set the lowest TAI to clean.

Usage: /CleanTAI 4

/NoQuarantine

Infections will not be quarantined before removal. If this option is not set, all infections will be quarantined.

Updates

/Update

Performs a Web Update to look for a new Definitions File. If there is a newer version it will be downloaded and installed.

/Backup [filename]

Creates a backup of the current Definitions File before updating.

Usage: /Backup defs.bak

Miscellaneous

/Silent

Runs Ad-Aware 2007 without showing the graphical user interface and performs a scan that automatically quarantines any detected objects.

/Stat [filename]

Creates a file containing statistics, version numbers and settings for the scan.

Usage: /Stat scanstats.txt

Edited by weaponx

Yes I know the free version does not support automated commands. I was wondering if anyone knew of a way to do it. I know Smoke was able to automate Adaware-SE Free.

I already use the automation switches for the pay versions... but I want to be able to automate the free version as well. Thanks for the replys though.