$WS_EX_TRANSPARENT

this-is-me

I am trying to remove the background of a label because I have a label overlapping a picture. According to the info I have found on the web elsewhere, If $WS_EX_TRANSPARENT is used as an exstyle, then the background of the label should be removed. Here is the code:

GUISetControl("label", "Messages" & @CRLF & "Testing", 190, 5, 200, 26, 0, $WS_EX_TRANSPARENT)

Does it not work on labels, or am I doing something something wrong?

Who else would I be?

Then the simple question is can this be done in any form currently, and if not, could it be added as part of the backcolor of GUISetControlEx where if the background is a string "Transparent" then autoit would call the required api?

Who else would I be?

I'll test this on a label or something, but I don't know if this will do exactly what you want as is. It might require more work (i.e. Using the other side of the API call I don't use). If you could point out what references on the web you found information on this, then I could answer better after seeing those.

Thats a can of worms best left closed. Implementing this using that method basically takes over the entire drawing of the control. Thats a never-ending road once people figure out thats possible because you can pretty much cause controls to be drawn however you want when able to manipulate the API like that.

The code (albeit MFC) is simple and straightforward and easily ported to the Win32 API, so there's no need for my input. If Jon, JP, or Holger feel its worth the effort to start drawing controls manually to support more features, then one of them can make the decision to include it.

Thats a can of worms best left closed.  Implementing this using that method basically takes over the entire drawing of the control.  Thats a never-ending road once people figure out thats possible because you can pretty much cause controls to be drawn however you want when able to manipulate the API like that.

The code (albeit MFC) is simple and straightforward and easily ported to the Win32 API, so there's no need for my input.  If Jon, JP, or Holger feel its worth the effort to start drawing controls manually to support more features, then one of them can make the decision to include it.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

That's the same situation I face when I want to have tab painted.

I agree with you Valik we are not colmating all windows API :ph34r: