Accessing Text in a non-standard window

I thought I's check to see if there was anything I can do about this instead of assuming I am up a creek. I know this is a pretty standard problem, but haven't been able to locate a workaround that works on this window.

I have a program running that displays text messages in a normal looking window. I can see the text, but Window Info tool does not, and WinGetText does not. (neither visible nor hidden text)

It looks like this is not a standard window.

Is there any method that I can look at to capture this non-standard text?

By the way, the text cannot be selected with the mouse, nor does it get copied with Control-C, two options I did find while looking for a solution on the forum.

Regards

Larry

I'm, Lovin' IT, X

I thought I's check to see if there was anything I can do about this instead of assuming I am up a creek. I know this is a pretty standard problem, but haven't been able to locate a workaround that works on this window.

I have a program running that displays text messages in a normal looking window. I can see the text, but Window Info tool does not, and WinGetText does not. (neither visible nor hidden text)

It looks like this is not a standard window.

Is there any method that I can look at to capture this non-standard text?

By the way, the text cannot be selected with the mouse, nor does it get copied with Control-C, two options I did find while looking for a solution on the forum.

Regards

Larry

Programs like Flash that draw GUIs and text with their own engine, not using Windows APIs, are just a graphic image to AutoIt. It's like trying to copy text from a screenshot .bmp file.

:rolleyes:

Valuater's AutoIt 1-2-3, Class... Is now in Session!For those who want somebody to write the script for them: RentACoder"Any technology distinguishable from magic is insufficiently advanced." -- Geek's corollary to Clarke's law