Running Desktop File

Guest BlackDiablo110

Guest BlackDiablo110

Ok here's what I want to do:

Run a desktop folder. It is not saved anywhere else. This is what I have tried so far:

Run('"MyFolder"','C:\Documents and Settings\Randall Degges\Desktop')

This isn't working for some reason... I'm pretty sure that I have all the right quotes. Can anyone tell me what's wrong?

Guest BlackDiablo110

Also, I wanted to run another file inside of that folder that I will open up, is there a way to do that also? For example: I want to open the folder, then run the program inside.

Guest BlackDiablo110

I don't understand what you mean, I know that you just gave me a command, but I don't know how to use it. =(

Here is the specific file that I WANT to run: Damnation

Here is its location: C:\Documents and Settings\Randall Degges\Desktop\MultiHack

How exactly would the Run look for it? If you could tell me it would be really helpful lol. Thanks.

Guest BlackDiablo110

Actually... One more thing, I just tried what you said. And it works fine! BUT, for this to work I NEED to open up the Multihack file first, then open up the Damnation.exe file, this is because the Multihack file has .dll files in it, that affect the Damnation.exe program, so if I run the Damnation.exe directly, it won't work, because it doesn't consider the .dll files to be present. How can I open up the Multihack folder FIRST, then open up damnation.exe?

This is what I tried, but it said that it wouldn't work.

Run("C:\Documents and Settings\Randall Degges\Desktop\MultiHack")

Run("C:\Documents and Settings\Randall Degges\Desktop\Multihack\Damnation.exe")

Guest BlackDiablo110

RunWait didn't work =/. It just gives me an error "Error when executing the external program."

I know that there is some way around this... Hmm... Either that or would I have to use the mouse to across desktop, open multihack, then run damnation.exe... That would be hard though.

Guest BlackDiablo110

Well, what I did was I put start Damnation.exe into the code, renamed the program, "Damnation.bat" then ran it, but still got an error message. Then I tried it with the

Run("C:\Documents and Settings\Randall Degges\Desktop\Multihack\Damnation.bat")

but that didn't work. Could you explain what you mean by "name it Damnation.bat" and "then call it with the au3"... And also, would my ONLY code look like "start Damnation.exe" or would their be more?

Guest BlackDiablo110

Ok well this is what i just did:

put your .bat file into the Multihack folder, then I changed my code to look like this:

Run("C:\Documents and Settings\Randall Degges\Desktop\Multihack\Damnation.bat")

But it didn't work. Should my code look different? And how did you make that bat file and what does it do, just curious.

You can try it this way and see if it works ? make this a au3 file

Run(@ComSpec & " /c Damnation.exe")

run it from the same folder the Damnation.exe is in .

then go from there to get it to work .

Edited by bobheart

Guest BlackDiablo110

I don't understand what you mean. =( I'm trying to understand it, but what do you mean by "make this a au3 file"? And would Run(@ComSpec & " /c Damnation.exe") be the only code?

Run('"C:\Documents and Settings\Randall Degges\Desktop\Multihack\Damnation.exe"',"C:\Documents and Settings\Randall Degges\Desktop\MultiHack")

that'll run the damnation.exe with the multihack dir as it's working dir, that's as if you ran it from there.

edit-added quotes around the path to the exe incase that's an issue (xp is odd that way, sometimes it helps, but it never hurts)

Edited by emmanuel

"I'm not even supposed to be here today!" -Dante (Hicks)

I made a .au3 file with

Run(@ComSpec & " /c Damnation.exe")

as the only code inside. Now what?

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Now run it?

I don't think that'll work, you might try my code...

"I'm not even supposed to be here today!" -Dante (Hicks)