I have tried on my own but to no avail. Help Please.

Okay this may be somewhat difficult to understand. I will do my best to explain what it is I'm trying to do, if you don't understand something let me know and I will think of an alternative way of explaining it.

So I play this game where you have to attack with the a key quite often manually with your finger in the game. So I'm making a "macro" that will repeatedly press the a key for me. But I would like it to pause the repeating a key when 2 things happen. When if: One. I press the "End" key. Or when If Two. I press the Enter key. The way I have it right now, it currently will pause if I press the end key, and resume if I re-press the End key. (Just how I want it) But to "Chat" in the game you must press the Enter key to activate the chat box where you type your message in, and then you must re-press the Enter key to send what you have typed to other players. But if I have my macro on while I try to type, it just types a lot a's. Example of what it looks like. "aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa". The only way to stop this, is if I actually press the End key first, which actually takes a lot of time in this fast paced game. I would like it so when I press Enter it will stop the "aaaaaaaaaaaaa" and when I press Enter again (to send the typed message) it will continue to repeatedly press a after the message has been sent. (Unless I have told it to pause with the End key, in which case when I press Enter the 2nd time I would like for it to continue to stay paused) Now I have it so when you press Enter, it does in fact stop the "aaaaaaa" But it doesn't pop up the chat box to type a message in, and when I re press enter it goes back to the "aaaaaaaaaaaaa" I think I know why it's doing this, but I don't know how to correct it, I have spent a few days trying to solve this myself looking at many, many sites and problems other people have had with things (including many examples on this site) but have not found a solution for my particular problem.

Here is my code, this is my first Autoit program so if the structure looks way off or if stuff looks extreamly weird or not how it should be I apologize.

Opt("WinTitleMatchMode", 3);Exact Title Match
Global $Paused
Global $Chat

HotKeySet("{End}", "TogglePause");Toggle Pause
HotkeySet("{Insert}", "About");The About
HotkeySet("{Enter}", "Chat");Enter Chat

WinWaitActive ("gamegoeshere");Find game is active 
While @error = 1
Send("a");Repeat the a key (attack)
Sleep(20)
WEnd

Func TogglePause()
$Paused = NOT $Paused
While $Paused
if $Paused then;If hotkey "End" is pressed Pause the attack repeat (a key), else un pause.
Sleep(100)
Else
Sleep(100)
EndIf
WEnd
ToolTip("")
EndFunc

Func Chat()
    $Chat = $Paused
    If $Chat = $Chat then Call("TogglePause");If enter is pressed pause attack repeat (a key)
    EndFunc

Func About()
msgbox(0,"About" ,"stuff");About popup
EndFunc

I think the problem is the Chat function, because all I'm telling it to do is call the pause function...which it does, but when I do that not only does the chat box not pop up, but I can't type anything at all as well. (even if im not in the game the program still runs like I am, which if someone could show me how to make it how to make it so it won't run unless the game is up, I would also really appresheate that.) I thought the "WinWaitActive" made it so it would only run if that window was active, but I guess not. so I can't type anything outside the game either unless I hit the End key. Any help in resolving this frustrating problem will make my day. :rolleyes:

I look forward to your responses.

I haven't read what you wrote, it's too much for me, I've only looked at the script.

Global $Paused=false;<--best to know what it is to start with

Global $Chat = false

While @error = 1

if not $paused and not $chat then Send("a");Repeat the a key (attack)

Sleep(20);this is 50 keys each second- maybe a few too many

WEnd

Func TogglePause()

$Paused = NOT $Paused

While $Paused

;----------what's the if else bit for? it sleeps(100) paused or not so just put sleep(100)

if $Paused then;If hotkey "End" is pressed Pause the attack repeat (a key), else un pause.

Sleep(100)

Else

Sleep(100)

EndIf

WEnd

ToolTip("")

EndFunc

Func Chat()

; $Chat = $Paused

$Chat = true

:??????$chat always equals $chat

; If $Chat = $Chat then Call("TogglePause");If enter is pressed pause attack repeat (a key)

;I think you mean

If not $paused then TogglePause()

but more simple would be just

$paused = true

;then do chat bit

$chat = false

EndFunc

Func About()

EndFunc

To stop the Hotkeys working while you're in chat mode, disable them with

Hotkeyset("{ENTER}) etc, then when you're finished set them back.

Might be better to have different hot keys like Alt+F7 say.

Serial port communications UDF Includes functions for binary transmission and reception.printing UDF Useful for graphs, forms, labels, reports etc.Add User Call Tips to SciTE for functions in UDFs not included with AutoIt and for your own scripts.Functions with parameters in OnEvent mode and for Hot Keys One function replaces GuiSetOnEvent, GuiCtrlSetOnEvent and HotKeySet.UDF IsConnected2 for notification of status of connected state of many urls or IPs, without slowing the script.

Thank You. However I'm not exactly sure what other changes I'm suppose to make along with yours.

I now have.

Global $Chat = false

While @error = 1
Sleep(20)
WEnd

Func TogglePause()
$Paused = NOT $Paused
While $Paused
Sleep(100)
WEnd
ToolTip("")
EndFunc

Func Chat()
$Chat = true
$paused = true
$chat = false
EndFunc

Func About()
EndFunc

But like I said i'm not sure what I'm suppose to change from there, because now the script just closes when I enter the game (basically it does nothing) and I purposely didn't change the "WinWaitActive ("gamegoeshere")" bit for the forum, just in case you may think I'm not changing it.

Thank you however for your help.

Thank You. However I'm not exactly sure what other changes I'm suppose to make along with yours.

I now have.

Global $Chat = false

While @error = 1
Sleep(20)
WEnd

Func TogglePause()
$Paused = NOT $Paused
While $Paused
Sleep(100)
WEnd
ToolTip("")
EndFunc

Func Chat()
$Chat = true
$paused = true
$chat = false
EndFunc

Func About()
EndFunc

But like I said i'm not sure what I'm suppose to change from there, because now the script just closes when I enter the game (basically it does nothing) and I purposely didn't change the "WinWaitActive ("gamegoeshere")" bit for the forum, just in case you may think I'm not changing it.

Thank you however for your help.

if @error is not 1 then the script terminates. So either winwaitactive is not returning because it doesn'r detect your game, or @error is not 1.

I suggest you use

if winwaitactive("gametitle","",20) then

msgbox(0,"error","The game was not found after waiting 20 sec!")

exit

endif

Serial port communications UDF Includes functions for binary transmission and reception.printing UDF Useful for graphs, forms, labels, reports etc.Add User Call Tips to SciTE for functions in UDFs not included with AutoIt and for your own scripts.Functions with parameters in OnEvent mode and for Hot Keys One function replaces GuiSetOnEvent, GuiCtrlSetOnEvent and HotKeySet.UDF IsConnected2 for notification of status of connected state of many urls or IPs, without slowing the script.

I did that, and the message pops up instantly after going into the game. So it seems like it's not even waiting 20 seconds, because it shows it like instantly. So it must be detecting the game if it does in fact wait until I get into it before showing the message. I don't get it, I've never had a problem detecting whether or game was active or not.

Edited by SoonToBe

Global $Paused = True, $Chat = False
Global $WinTitle = "Untitled - Notepad";Game window title

While 1 ;main program loop
    While WinActive($WinTitle)
        If Not $Paused And Not $Chat Then Send("a")
    WEnd
    Sleep(500)
WEnd

Func TogglePause()
    If WinActive($WinTitle) Then
        $Paused = Not $Paused
    Else
        HotKeySet(@HotKeyPressed)
        Send(@HotKeyPressed)
        HotKeySet(@HotKeyPressed, "TogglePause")
    EndIf
EndFunc
Func Chat()
        $Chat = Not $Chat
    Else
        HotkeySet(@HotKeyPressed)
        Send(@HotKeyPressed)
        HotkeySet(@HotKeyPressed, "Chat")
    EndIf
EndFunc
Func About()
        MsgBox(0,"About", "Cheating is lame.")
    Else
        HotkeySet(@HotKeyPressed)
        Send(@HotKeyPressed)
        HotkeySet(@HotKeyPressed, "About")
    EndIf
EndFunc

Edited by Siao

"be smart, drink your wine"

This program just doesn't want to cooperate :whistle:

Your code does in fact "work" to a degree. If end is pressed it does what I want, if it is repressed it does pause it like I want. If its attacking, and enter is pressed it pauses the attack like I want as well....But the chat window doesnt pop up...I had this exact problem before by writing the code a different way. I wonder if maybe this can't be achieved because it seems like if you set enter as a hotkey to pause, that takes priority over the game, and it ignores the fact that I want to type something, I really don't know. When I had this problem myself I was never able to get around the fact that if it paused the code it wouldn't put the chat box up. I'm not sure if there is a way "around" that.

As always thanks for your help. I really do appreciate it.

By the way, I like your sig haha

Edited by SoonToBe

Wow...It works. I didn't think it ever would haha. Thank You Siao!

I don't know if there is a +rep on this forum, but if Admins do things for members that solve issues someone please give Siao something.

I really appreciate your time.