Source code of AutoIt

• Developers

I'm confused about the availability of the source code.

I downloaded http://www.autoitscript.com/autoit3/files/...3.2.4.1-src.exe and looked around, but I can't seem to find any .c files. Am I missing something?

My company requires that I download the source and compile it myself before using any software without monetary costs :rambo:

That link is the Documentation source files.

The only source publicly available is autoit-v3.1.0-src.exe 08-Feb-2005 11:22 353K

We could fix the cost for you when that helps ....

:rolleyes:

Edited by JdeB

SciTE4AutoIt3 Full installer Download page   - Beta files       Read before posting     How to post scriptsource   Forum etiquette  Forum Rules 

Live for the present,
Dream of the future,
Learn from the past.
  :)

I'm confused about the availability of the source code.

I downloaded http://www.autoitscript.com/autoit3/files/...3.2.4.1-src.exe and looked around, but I can't seem to find any .c files. Am I missing something?

My company requires that I download the source and compile it myself before using any software without monetary costs :rolleyes:

I can't answer your question but you could donate if it would make them feel better. :rambo:

Support bacteria; it's the only culture most people have.LxP's Learning to Script with AutoIt 3 - Excellent starting placeVolly's Links Page - Links to cool and useful scriptsAutoIt Wrappers - Valuater's AutoIt Wrappers post. Lots of good stuff.Support AutoIt - Make a donation here; I did.[size="2"]#include <Guinness.pint>[/size]

We could fix the cost for you when that helps ....

Not joking, that might actually alleviate a lot of problems. Being a software dev company, there's a big paranoia towards "free" programs because of GPL. I know that AutoIt is Freeware, not GPL, but I still can't use it due to the strict use policy.

If I really want to pursue this option, who/how should I contact?

Edited by CSP

Not joking, that might actually alleviate a lot of problems. Being a software dev company, there's a big paranoia towards "free" programs because of GPL. I know that AutoIt is Freeware, not GPL, but I still can't use it due to the strict use policy.

Contact form

email: support at autoitscript dot com

• Developers

Agree it was a bit of a smart remark but don't understand the free versus non-free software issue. Could understand it when the issue is guaranteed support or something like that.

So what is the true reason for wanting to compile it yourself ?

I doubt you will get the current source, Jon had some bad experience with that when its was GPL for a short while.

SciTE4AutoIt3 Full installer Download page   - Beta files       Read before posting     How to post scriptsource   Forum etiquette  Forum Rules 

Live for the present,
Dream of the future,
Learn from the past.

So what is the true reason for wanting to compile it yourself ?

Ouch, that hurts.

The company that I work for recently made a major mistake and nearly shipped out a GPLed code which was stopped at the very last moment. Thanks to that incident, every *free* software beginning from Firefox and putty are being re-evaluated for use. The current policy states that anything free must come in source form. Source isn't necessary if we could purchase it.

With all due respect, I understand that you have to deal with many annoying kids who try to mess around with the system, but being called a liar really hurts.

• Developers

Ouch, that hurts.

The company that I work for recently made a major mistake and nearly shipped out a GPLed code which was stopped at the very last moment. Thanks to that incident, every *free* software beginning from Firefox and putty are being re-evaluated for use. The current policy states that anything free must come in source form. Source isn't necessary if we could purchase it.

With all due respect, I understand that you have to deal with many annoying kids who try to mess around with the system, but being called a liar really hurts.

I am sorry it came accross that way. I never intended to make it sounds as you read/interpreted it. I am Dutch and write strait forward English.

All I was trying to say is that I don't understand why with freeware you need to compile it yourself when its cleary stated you can use AutoIt and distribute it.

Live for the present,
Dream of the future,
Learn from the past.

My mistake for misunderstanding you.

I agree with your remark, but being a new hire at a large corporation, I'm in no position to tell anyone how thing should run.

Perhaps a dual-licensing system like MySQL's might help for people like me. Would Jon be the contact if I wanted to arrange a purchase?

• Developers

My mistake for misunderstanding you.

I agree with your remark, but being a new hire at a large corporation, I'm in no position to tell anyone how thing should run.

Perhaps a dual-licensing system like MySQL's might help for people like me. Would Jon be the contact if I wanted to arrange a purchase?

No problem .... i realize now my wording wasn't proper . :rolleyes:

Yes, Jon is the person to contact for this .

Live for the present,
Dream of the future,
Learn from the past.