Scripts pause after logoff?

Hi all,

I'm fairly new to Autoit and I love it.

I have created a script that runs just fine when the Windows desktop is active.

It calls hyperterminal, it dials a specific 3 digit code to enable a function on my telephony system, and it closes hyperterminal.

There a couple of dialogs that I just send an <Enter> and it does the job just fine.

I have the script schedule (Windows scheduler) to run a specific time of the day.

What I noticed is the following, my server triggers the screen saver, and it goes into logoff mode, so I have to logon when I have not been using the server for a while. Well, when it does the logoff and I come back, I find that Hyperterminal has been kicked-off, but the script has paused when it sent the first <Enter>. It looks like it was not able to send the <Enter> while it was in logoff mode. Is there a way to work around it?

I have the automatic logoff for security purposes, and I don't want disable it but it seems that the script is pausing and not sending the <Enter> while in logoff mode. ???? Any ideas???

I search on the forum but I could not find exactly what I'm looking for, so I apologize if this issue has been raised before.

Thanks for your help,

M.

I believe it has been addressed before, and pretty much the script will not execute will the pc is in a locked state. I don't think there is a way around it. Someone correct me if I'm wrong.

Thanks for taking the time to respond.

Is there a way to check that it is locked, force a logon, run the rest of the script and logoff? Probably, but I thought I should ask.

M.

If you post some of the code, maybe someone can help you rework it to run while the system is locked.

Hi all,

First of all, thanks everybody for taking the time to respond.

I found a freeware solution called "Toddler Keys" that I believe it is ideal for parents. I have a 2 year old, and this solution definitely meets my needs. It locks the mouse, keyboard, power off button if you have XP, and even the eject button for my CD-Rom, so my little one cannot use it as a sitting device. :lmao:

The cool thing is that it has a timer that I can set, so after 5 minutes, the "PC is locked", and you only need to type a password of your choice to disable "Toddler Keys". In my case, the password is "quit" and you don't even have to press <enter>.

Now, you can imagine how easy it has made my script. I only had to add a "Send("quit")" at the beginning of the script, and now when my windows scheduler triggers my script at 6pm, it disables "Toddler Keys" by "Send"ing the password, and the rest of the script runs beautifully.

I'm not suggesting that "Toddler Keys" is THE solution for a corporate business, but for the average parent, I find it GREAT. ;)

Now, if I was worry that some sensitive information could be accessed by prying eyes in my home, I would probably download another freeware solution to create encrypted volume, or there are tools for putting passwords to specific folders. In fact, in the past, I created AutoIT script for unencrypting my USB volume, every time I plugged my thumb drive into a computer, it automatically kicks the unencryption process and it asks for the password. So, it should not be too difficult to protect your local folders in your PC at home.

It is amazing how easy a solution looks once you find the right stuff.

I hope it helps and Power to AutoIt!!! :whistle:

M.

Edited by mcbbcn