StringisAlnum()

Is there anyway to have it return 1 if there is white space? I have a string with two sets of numbers seperated with a white space along with another white space and a series of letters. I need to strip out the letters, which I COULD do with this:

do
$Item2 = StringTrimRight ( "" &  $line, 1 )
until StringIsAlNum ( "" & $item2 ) = 1

BUT the white space prevents it from returning 1.

Here is an example of a string I need to work with:

--

3 72 Archmage Coat "A coat that is especially designed to be worn by advanced Muses."

--

Despite what it may look like, It's not a game bot. Matter of fact, it helps the game. So please don't let this discourage you from helping.

Hi,

To strip the white spaces use StringStripWS($String, 8)

Spoiler

Using OS: Win 7 Professional, Using AutoIt Ver(s): 3.3.6.1 / 3.3.8.1

AutoIt_Rus_Community.png AutoIt Russian Community

My Work...

Spoiler

AutoIt_Icon_small.pngProjects: ATT - Application Translate Tool {new}| BlockIt - Block files & folders {new}| SIP - Selected Image Preview {new}| SISCABMAN - SciTE Abbreviations Manager {new}| AutoIt Path Switcher | AutoIt Menu for Opera! | YouTube Download Center! | Desktop Icons Restorator | Math Tasks | KeyBoard & Mouse Cleaner | CaptureIt - Capture Images Utility | CheckFileSize Program

AutoIt_Icon_small.pngUDFs: OnAutoItErrorRegister - Handle AutoIt critical errors {new}| AutoIt Syntax Highlight {new}| Opera Library! | Winamp Library | GetFolderToMenu | Custom_InputBox()! | _FileRun UDF | _CheckInput() UDF | _GUIInputSetOnlyNumbers() UDF | _FileGetValidName() UDF | _GUICtrlCreateRadioCBox UDF | _GuiCreateGrid() | _PathSplitByRegExp() | _GUICtrlListView_MoveItems - UDF | GUICtrlSetOnHover_UDF! | _ControlTab UDF! | _MouseSetOnEvent() UDF! | _ProcessListEx - UDF | GUICtrl_SetResizing - UDF! | Mod. for _IniString UDFs | _StringStripChars UDF | _ColorIsDarkShade UDF | _ColorConvertValue UDF | _GUICtrlTab_CoverBackground | CUI_App_UDF | _IncludeScripts UDF | _AutoIt3ExecuteCode | _DragList UDF | Mod. for _ListView_Progress | _ListView_SysLink | _GenerateRandomNumbers | _BlockInputEx | _IsPressedEx | OnAutoItExit Handler | _GUICtrlCreateTFLabel UDF | WinControlSetEvent UDF | Mod. for _DirGetSizeEx UDF

AutoIt_Icon_small.pngExamples: 
ScreenSaver Demo - Matrix included | Gui Drag Without pause the script | _WinAttach()! | Turn Off/On Monitor | ComboBox Handler Example | Mod. for "Thinking Box" | Cool "About" Box | TasksBar Imitation Demo

Like the Projects/UDFs/Examples? Please rate the topic (up-right corner of the post header: Rating AutoIt_Rating.gif)

* === My topics === *

==================================================
My_Userbar.gif
==================================================

AutoIt is simple, subtle, elegant. © AutoIt Team

if i understand mabe Stringleft($line, 4)

But the numbers vary.

Some have more numbers than others.

Like,

10 202 Drive-by Leaping Strike "Leap high into the sky to strike the head of an enemy with an attack that will decrease its Attack and Movement Speeds."

Can you explain what that does. I don't seem to understand it from the help file.

Also, it always returns "8 7"

No idea why it would always return 8 7. For me it returns the expected 3 72.

The [^0-9 ] means not a number 0 to 9 and not a space (since there's a space after the 9). So it's replacing all the characters that don't match with '' (nothing). The stringstripws is just trimming the trailing/leading spaces.

No idea why it would always return 8 7. For me it returns the expected 3 72.

The [^0-9 ] means not a number 0 to 9 and not a space (since there's a space after the 9). So it's replacing all the characters that don't match with '' (nothing). The stringstripws is just trimming the trailing/leading spaces.

Oh I see now, thank you.

I'll mess with some things and post the results.

It's not xcal's script that is doing something wrong, it's mine.

Here's the whole function

Func Start()
$filename = "Itemlist.txt"
$word = $name
$h = FileOpen($filename, 0)
$line = FileReadLine($h)
$Line = StringInStr($line, $word)
FileClose($h)
$ret = StringStripWS(StringRegExpReplace($line, '[^0-9 ]', ''), 3)
$FinalItem = _StringReverse ( $ret )
Send ( "/item " & $finalitem & " " & $amount & " " & $refine & " 100" & " 100" )
Endfunc

I had help with this in my last topic, and I don't think I got it working right with the help I got here.

I'm tempted to scrap it and do it over now that I know some new things, but not if we can spot whats going wrong. (Which I'm pretty sure I already did, I just can't fix it :whistle: )

xcal's way is working fine on mine as well. but if you want to try another way try this

$string = '10 202 Drive-by Leaping Strike "Leap high into the sky to strike the head of an enemy with an attack that will decrease its Attack and Movement Speeds."'
$ret = StringRegExp( $string, '([^a-z][^A-Z]{1,10})',1)
MsgBox(0, "", $ret[0])
That works well, too. Maybe even better if the string can contain other numbers later on. I'd just change {1,10} to {1,}.

returned: /item 4 1 7 8 100 100

supposed to return: /item 311 11 1 5 100 100

assuming we are using ruby

--

It's fine, dude. Thanks for help, but you don't have to kill yourself over this script.

here's the entire script, just if you care.

;Item Command Easy-ifier
;Item /item [itemid] [itemtype] [itemamount] [refine] [lifespawn] [stats] [socket]
;---------------------------------------------------------------------------------
#include <GUIConstants.au3>
#Include <String.au3>
Hotkeyset ( "{Enter}", "Start" )
Opt ("Guioneventmode", 1)
#Region ### START Koda GUI section ### Form=
$Form1 = GUICreate("AForm1", 620, 102, 194, 117)
$Input1 = GUICtrlCreateInput("", 72, 0, 193, 21)
$name = GUICtrlCreateLabel("Item NAME", 0, 0, 58, 17)
$Input2 = GUICtrlCreateInput("1", 74, 36, 193, 21)
$Input3 = GUICtrlCreateInput("5", 75, 78, 193, 21)
$amount = GUICtrlCreateLabel("Item AMOUNT", 0, 40, 74, 17)
$refine = GUICtrlCreateLabel("Item REFINE", 3, 80, 66, 17)
$Niggawats = GUICtrlCreateLabel("BY DEJECT3D", 424, 0, 76, 17)
$Label4 = GUICtrlCreateLabel("UPDATES COMING WHEN I'M LESS LAZY", 360, 16, 215, 17)
$Label5 = GUICtrlCreateLabel("LIKE LISTS OF ITEMS AT ONCE AND STUFF I GUESS", 328, 32, 272, 17)
$Button1 = GUICtrlCreateButton("BIG BUTTONS MAKE EVERYTHING COOL", 264, 48, 329, 49, 0)
Guictrlsetonevent ($button1, "start" )

GUISetState(@SW_SHOW)
While 1
    $nMsg = GUIGetMsg()
    Switch $nMsg
        Case $GUI_EVENT_CLOSE
            Exit
    EndSwitch
WEnd
;------------------------------------------------
Func Start()
$word = $name
$line = FileOpen("C:\Itemlist.txt", 0)
$i = 1
While 1
    $line1 = FileReadLine($line)
    $string = StringInStr($line1, $word)
    If Not $string = 0 Then
        ExitLoop
    EndIf
    $i = $i + 1
WEnd
$line = FileReadLine($line, $i)
$ret = StringRegExp( $line1, '[^a-z][^A-Z]{1,10}',1)
$Item = _StringReverse($ret[0])
Send ( "/item " & $Item & " " & $amount & " " & $refine & " 100" & " 100" )
Endfunc
Edited by alex OF DEATH

There were quite a few errors in the code. You were using OnEventMode half the time, and half the time you weren't. GUISetOnEvent($GUI_EVENT_CLOSE, "Exit") or similar should be used for OnEventMode, not using a while loop and getting the event close message. The values from your inputs were miscoded as being a reference to label....you need to GUICtrlRead($input). I think I also simplified your Start() function. Take a look at this code:

;Item Command Easy-ifier
;Item /item [itemid] [itemtype] [itemamount] [refine] [lifespawn] [stats] [socket]
;---------------------------------------------------------------------------------
#include <GUIConstants.au3>
#Include <String.au3>
#include <Array.au3>

Hotkeyset ( "{Enter}", "Start" )
Opt ("GUIOnEventMode", 1)

$Form1 = GUICreate("AForm1", 620, 102, 194, 117)
$Input1 = GUICtrlCreateInput("", 72, 0, 193, 21)
$name = GUICtrlCreateLabel("Item NAME", 0, 0, 58, 17)
$Input2 = GUICtrlCreateInput("1", 74, 36, 193, 21)
$Input3 = GUICtrlCreateInput("5", 75, 78, 193, 21)
$amount = GUICtrlCreateLabel("Item AMOUNT", 0, 40, 74, 17)
$refine = GUICtrlCreateLabel("Item REFINE", 3, 80, 66, 17)
$Niggawats = GUICtrlCreateLabel("BY DEJECT3D", 424, 0, 76, 17)
$Label4 = GUICtrlCreateLabel("UPDATES COMING WHEN I'M LESS LAZY", 360, 16, 215, 17)
$Label5 = GUICtrlCreateLabel("LIKE LISTS OF ITEMS AT ONCE AND STUFF I GUESS", 328, 32, 272, 17)
$Button1 = GUICtrlCreateButton("BIG BUTTONS MAKE EVERYTHING COOL", 264, 48, 329, 49, 0)
GUICtrlSetOnEvent($button1, "Start" )
GUISetOnEvent($GUI_EVENT_CLOSE, "Terminate")

GUISetState(@SW_SHOW)

While 1
    sleep(10)
WEnd

;------------------------------------------------
Func Start()
    $word = GUICtrlRead($Input1)
    $file = FileOpen("C:\Itemlist.txt", 0)
    If $file = -1 Then ConsoleWriteError("Error opening file." & @CRLF)
    $i = 1
    While 1
        $line = FileReadLine($file)
        $string = StringInStr($line, $word)
        If Not $string = 0 Then
            ExitLoop
        EndIf
        $i += 1
    WEnd
    $string = FileReadLine($file, $i)
    $string = StringSplit($string, "    ")
    If $string[0] = 4 Then
        MsgBox(0, "", "/item " & $string[1] & " " & $string[2] & " " & GUICtrlread($Input2) & " " & GUICtrlRead($Input3) & " 100" & " 100" )
    Else
        ConsoleWriteError("Uncommon number of delimiters, check text file." & @CRLF)
    EndIf
Endfunc

Func Terminate()
    Exit 0
EndFunc

Hope that helps.

IE Dev ToolbarMSDN: InternetExplorer ObjectMSDN: HTML/DHTML Reference Guide[quote]It is surprising what a man can do when he has to, and how little most men will do when they don't have to. - Walter Linn[/quote]--------------------[font="Franklin Gothic Medium"]Post a reproducer with less than 100 lines of code.[/font]