exe summary properties

We are trying to create exe using autoit.exe through command line. We are able to create the exe successfully. But we need to get the comments in the summary page of the exe properties. How can I add these things?

• Developers

are you really talking about version 2 ?

With version 3 you can use AutoIt3Wrapper resource update options to do this in batch.

SciTE4AutoIt3 Full installer Download page   - Beta files       Read before posting     How to post scriptsource   Forum etiquette  Forum Rules 

Live for the present,
Dream of the future,
Learn from the past.
  :)

are you really talking about version 2 ?

With version 3 you can use AutoIt3Wrapper resource update options to do this in batch.

Thanks for your reply. We are using the version autioitv3.2.4.9. We are creating the exe with the help of autoitexe using .au3 file. At the end exe is created successfully but we are not able see the comments when we right click on the exe properties in the summary section. we want to dyanamically set some comments like build date and time. Initially we checked AutoitWrapper but we are not able to get the resource to update the comments. Please suggest us.

• Moderators

Find resource hacker from google and put it in the ...\AutoIt3\SciTE\AutoIt3Wrapper directory.

Common sense plays a role in the basics of understanding AutoIt... If you're lacking in that, do us all a favor, and step away from the computer.

Find resource hacker from google and put it in the ...\AutoIt3\SciTE\AutoIt3Wrapper directory.

I have did the same as you suggested but coudnt find the functions for setting the exe properties such as titles,subjects,kewords,comments etc.

Could you pleas suggest which function to use for changing these properties.

Thanks.

• Developers

I have did the same as you suggested but coudnt find the functions for setting the exe properties such as titles,subjects,kewords,comments etc.

Could you pleas suggest which function to use for changing these properties.

Thanks.

It would help when you would give more details as to what you have done exactly...

- What #AutoIt3Wrapper directives have you added to your script ?

- Have you tried Compiling with SciTE4AutoIt3 to see if it all works or did you get any warnings/errors?

- When that's successful, what command line are you using to compile the script ?

ps. please post in the correct forum for V3 questions, I will move this thread there after you have seen this answer...

:whistle:

SciTE4AutoIt3 Full installer Download page   - Beta files       Read before posting     How to post scriptsource   Forum etiquette  Forum Rules 

Live for the present,
Dream of the future,
Learn from the past.

It would help when you would give more details as to what you have done exactly...

- What #AutoIt3Wrapper directives have you added to your script ?

- Have you tried Compiling with SciTE4AutoIt3 to see if it all works or did you get any warnings/errors?

- When that's successful, what command line are you using to compile the script ?

ps. please post in the correct forum for V3 questions, I will move this thread there after you have seen this answer...

Please refer the code below.

#Region ;**** Directives created by AutoIt3Wrapper_GUI ****

#AutoIt3Wrapper_outfile=_VoyagerSDK_2.3.7011.6022.exe

#AutoIt3Wrapper_Compression=4

#AutoIt3Wrapper_Res_Description=Moorthy

#AutoIt3Wrapper_Res_Fileversion=1.5.0.15

#AutoIt3Wrapper_Res_Fileversion_AutoIncrement=y

#AutoIt3Wrapper_Res_LegalCopyright=Avanade 2007

#AutoIt3Wrapper_Res_Field=Comments|TestPPPP

#AutoIt3Wrapper_Field=Title|PPPP

#AutoIt3Wrapper_Run_AU3Check=n

#EndRegion ;**** Directives created by AutoIt3Wrapper_GUI ****

We are able to change the above set of properties.

But my requerement is to update the summary tab(Title,auther,subject etc) in the properties.

Please right click the exe and open the property winodow. Select the summary tab.

We have to change the summary properties.

• Developers

We are able to change the above set of properties.

But my requerement is to update the summary tab(Title,auther,subject etc) in the properties.

Please right click the exe and open the property winodow. Select the summary tab.

We have to change the summary properties.

IIRC That information is stored in the NTFS portion of the file and not in the resource information.

It is not possible to update it with Reshacker and requires call to : StgOpenStorageEx

Live for the present,
Dream of the future,
Learn from the past.