Fill in edit box with string

Hi I am trying to write a script that fills in password edit box after Lotus notes starts up.

(I had a similar post about one week ago- which worked fine)

The first 3 lines work okay.

After that I am lost

thanks Russ

#include <ie.au3>

$Password = "mypassword";Lotus notes password

Run ("C:\Lotus\Notes\notes.exe" )

$oForm1 = _IEFormGetCollection

$oPass = _IEFormElementGetObjByName($oForm1, "pass")

_IEFormElementSetValue($oPass, $Password)

Why are you using IE functions for notes.exe? Am I missing something?

Assuming I am, and using IE functions is correct, you should have an error for IEFormGetCollection such as

0 ($_IEStatus_Success) = No Error

3 ($_IEStatus_InvalidDataType) = Invalid Data Type

5 ($_IEStatus_InvalidValue) = Invalid Value

7 ($_IEStatus_NoMatch) = No Match

thats pops up in your Scite console... what is that error?

Also I'm giving you the benefit of the doubt that your code above is not what you are actually using as you have at least one syntax error that will cause your script to not work.

PS If you don't figure this out by tomorrow I have notes 6.5.4 (I think) on my work computer. PM me and I'll help you make a script for logging in.

Edited by someone
While ProcessExists('Andrews bad day.exe')
	BlockInput(1)
	SoundPlay('Music.wav')
	SoundSetWaveVolume('Louder')
WEnd

Assuming I am, and using IE functions is correct, you should have an error for IEFormGetCollection such as

Also I'm giving you the benefit of the doubt that your code above is not what you are actually using as you have at least one syntax error that will cause your script to not work.

PS If you don't figure this out by tomorrow I have notes 6.5.4 (I think) on my work computer. PM me and I'll help you make a script for logging in.

okay yes you are correct - the penny has dropped I guess 'IE' stands for internet explorer! I don't really know what I am doing. I just used the same code from my previous post answers. What code should I be using to work on lotus notes dialog box?

You should probably check out ControlSend and those kind of functions. The IE functions are specific to IE (using Component Object Modelling), and while you can do similar things to other COM objects (maybe Notes?), it's a bit more complicated...I'm still learning a lot about COM.

IE Dev ToolbarMSDN: InternetExplorer ObjectMSDN: HTML/DHTML Reference Guide[quote]It is surprising what a man can do when he has to, and how little most men will do when they don't have to. - Walter Linn[/quote]--------------------[font="Franklin Gothic Medium"]Post a reproducer with less than 100 lines of code.[/font]

"someone" - yeah I am still stuck could you help me out? This is a little above my head!

thanks Russ

"someone" - yeah I am still stuck could you help me out? This is a little above my head!

thanks Russ

If it is any help in writing some code : I have the ClassNameNN of the password edit box as IRIS.password2 - this is from AU3Info

I just don't know how to utilize it.

If it is any help in writing some code : I have the ClassNameNN of the password edit box as IRIS.password2 - this is from AU3Info

I just don't know how to utilize it.

ControlSend("Notes Window", "", "IRIS.password2", "MyPa$$word")

Fix the WinTitle and try that.

:whistle:

Valuater's AutoIt 1-2-3, Class... Is now in Session!For those who want somebody to write the script for them: RentACoder"Any technology distinguishable from magic is insufficiently advanced." -- Geek's corollary to Clarke's law

ControlSend("Notes Window", "", "IRIS.password2", "MyPa$$word")

Fix the WinTitle and try that.

:whistle:

thanks yes I tried that, but the edit box does not fill with the password. It does not come up with any error message either

Russ