Creating PowerPoint Presentations

Within the project I'm working on, I have to create a PowerPoint Presentation that is a ton of screenshots with step numbers displayed within a textbox on each slide. I have had no problem just automating the creation of the presentation, but I think it just looks sloppy to the user when I've had everything else within the program run in the background without their knowledge. Does anyone know of a UDF or some scripting that creates *.ppt files that supports my basic requirements? I know it's a stretch but I figured I'd ask anyways.

You need to know the formatting to save it.

I understand that the formatting is required. Hence is why I asked about a UDF or some scripting already created that performs that function. I've looked for some APIs and I don't see anything as of yet that is of any help. Plenty of stuff on Smart Tags and Research Class but that's about it.

• 7 months later...

Adding something I learned today to an old thread.

If I understand the OP correctly, he has no problem creating the slides, he just want to hide the PowerPoint and not show to the users.

$ppObject = ObjCreate("PowerPoint.Application")

$ppObject.Presentations.Open ($glb_str_PowerpointReport,false,false,False)

The .Visible property donot work for PowerPoint. We need to use the WithWindow option of the .Open method.