Another quick question

Ok, I'm using;

$Test1 = InputBox("Tester", "Type it, YEAH YEAH YEAH, we type it, YEAH YEAH YEAH... Beetles people!")
If $Test1 = @error Then
    MsgBox(0, "Tester", "Press ok and restart the app.")
    Exit
EndIf

Now, I was expecting the "error" script to come up when I press the Cancel button, yet oddly if I press cancel, it continues, and if I press OK I get the error. x_X Any ideas?

(Btw, if posting here is an annoyance, tell me and I'll just search though the help file. I'm posting here because it's significantly faster than doing just that. :whistle:)

Ok, I'm using;

$Test1 = InputBox("Tester", "Type it, YEAH YEAH YEAH, we type it, YEAH YEAH YEAH... Beetles people!")
If $Test1 = @error Then
    MsgBox(0, "Tester", "Press ok and restart the app.")
    Exit
EndIf

Now, I was expecting the "error" script to come up when I press the Cancel button, yet oddly if I press cancel, it continues, and if I press OK I get the error. x_X Any ideas?

(Btw, if posting here is an annoyance, tell me and I'll just search though the help file. I'm posting here because it's significantly faster than doing just that. :whistle:)

Leave out the "$Test 1 = " and just use "If @error Then".

Think of it this way; @error is set to a value, not returned.

Edited by RazerM
My Programs:AInstall - Create a standalone installer for your programUnit Converter - Converts Length, Area, Volume, Weight, Temperature and Pressure to different unitsBinary Clock - Hours, minutes and seconds have 10 columns each to display timeAutoIt Editor - Code Editor with Syntax Highlighting.Laserix Editor & Player - Create, Edit and Play Laserix LevelsLyric Syncer - Create and use Synchronised Lyrics.Connect 4 - 2 Player Connect 4 Game (Local or Online!, Formatted Chat!!)MD5, SHA-1, SHA-256, Tiger and Whirlpool Hash Finder - Dictionary and Brute Force FindCool Text Client - Create Rendered ImageMy UDF's:GUI Enhance - Enhance your GUIs visually.IDEA File Encryption - Encrypt and decrypt files easily! File Rename - Rename files easilyRC4 Text Encryption - Encrypt text using the RC4 AlgorithmPrime Number - Check if a number is primeString Remove - remove lots of strings at onceProgress Bar - made easySound UDF - Play, Pause, Resume, Seek and Stop.

YAY, thanks man. I was looking at scripts on here and the script that had a InputBox had "If $Q = @error" so I just copied it. :lmao: Thanks for the help!

Keep in mind iTripoli is selling a product in competition with the freeware AutoIt. Perhaps they don't have much motivation to make it easy to use AutoIt...?

:whistle:

Valuater's AutoIt 1-2-3, Class... Is now in Session!For those who want somebody to write the script for them: RentACoder"Any technology distinguishable from magic is insufficiently advanced." -- Geek's corollary to Clarke's law

Yeah, well, didn't really think of that. >.< First helpful thing to come up on google, so there you go.

While I'm here, would this work?

Func ClickPIN using Number

Or do I need to do it differently to that?

Edited by TynoPrime

Yeah, well, didn't really think of that. >.< First helpful thing to come up on google, so there you go.

While I'm here, would this work?

Func ClickPIN using Number

Or do I need to do it differently to that?

I think in AutoIt that would look like:

ClickPIN($Number)

Func ClickPIN($i)
     ControlSend("WinTitle", "Enter PIN", "Edit1", $i)
     ControlClick("WinTitle", "Enter PIN", "Button1")
EndFunc

Of course I'm just using my imagination for what the function is doing, but that shows both declaring and using the function in AutoIt.

Read the help file and check out the demo script for the functions you are interested in.

Valuater's AutoIt 1-2-3, Class... Is now in Session!For those who want somebody to write the script for them: RentACoder"Any technology distinguishable from magic is insufficiently advanced." -- Geek's corollary to Clarke's law

Since I KNOW you love answering my questions, I've read the help section about operators, but it doesn't give examples.

$XCoordinate = (($Number * 23) + 277)

Would that work? If not, how would I go about doing it?

(As I said before; I could search around, but it'd take longer. If you'd prefer I did, just say so :whistle:)

Edited by TynoPrime

Since I KNOW you love answering my questions, I've read the help section about operators, but it doesn't give examples.

$XCoordinate = (($Number * 23) + 277)

Would that work? If not, how would I go about doing it?

(As I said before; I could search around, but it'd take longer. If you'd prefer I did, just say so ;))

I won't deprive you of the valuable experience of TESTING IT YOURSELF!

Before you ask questions like that, code your self a very short demo script to see what it DOES do. Start with just three lines:

1. Set $Number to a number

2. Do the math with your code above.

3. Pop a MsgBox to display the result...

:lmao: